Xavier/Cincy

Discussion in 'Sports' started by yont sum iss?, Dec 10, 2011.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Who cares about the game, how about that fight?

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Feel like Mick Cronin won the day.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Mick flat preached a sermon in the postgame press conference. Great stuff.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Said he took a few guys jerseys off for them.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes it was. Just listened to it.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Cronin's perceptive. These types of things cost coaches jobs.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Gates and the guy doing the kicking needs to be done permanently. And Tu Holloway should never be allowed to speak to the media again.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Dr. Williams, Cincy President, has already publicly endorsed Cronin, as well as his post-game sermon. Good move on Cronin's part, as well as Dr. Williams.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We got gangstas in the lockerroom, not thugs. I was just waiting to hear, "We muddaspuckin soldiers."

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Those two made utter fools of themselves. If I'm X's AD, I'm firing my SID for not stepping in and calling that silliness to a halt.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

there is nothing gangster about going to a private Catholic college. those comments will never not be funny to me.

12. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I'm a big X fan and really like their staff but the post game comments were pathetic.

13. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

The area X is around is very hood.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

so was the area around my high school; also private and also Catholic. that doesn't make me any more or less gangster than them.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Impressive post game conference.

[video=youtube;1Et4PFYtO-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Et4PFYtO-8[/video]

16. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Here is an Email from Chris Mack:

I wanted to take a second to reach out to you regarding the events that occurred following our game with the University of Cincinnati last Saturday.

As we hopefully demonstrate each week with our newsletter, the relationship we have with coaches all across the globe is important to us. We have over 30,000 coaches on our email list - coaches in 50 states and 15 different countries. 99.999% of you we will never have the pleasure of meeting face to face. With only 3 scholarships a year to offer, regrettably the odds are pretty slim that you have a player that has attended Xavier, or will attend Xavier.

Even with that said, the relationship MY program has with YOUR program is something that is of the upmost of importance to me personally. Our newsletter program is meant to serve as a small token of respect for the game of basketball. In an industry that is often built on being “better than the other guy”, our newsletter and the relationship we have with you is our attempt at a direct counteraction to that unfortunate attitude that oftentimes pervades this business. We place tremendous value on helping one another and an even greater value on what each of you individually thinks of us.

I walked off the floor of the Cintas Center two days ago and gathered with my staff in the coaches’ locker room. Amidst all of the chaos, my thoughts immediately went to the impression we have created on the 30,000 programs whose relationship we truly value. I thought about the lockerrooms across the country that might have a Xavier quote tacked up. I thought about a coach who might have named a UOOB play “XAVIER” after finding it in our newsletter. I thought about each and every one of your players watching what had transpired and I was immeasurably regretful.

I hope you continue to allow our program to have a relationship with yours through our newsletter. I wish I had the opportunity to call everyone we are in contact with each and every week and apologize directly about what occurred. I assure you our program will VERY QUICKLY return to being a positive example for high school, grade school and AAU programs around the world.

Again, please accept my deepest of apologies to you, your staff, your team and school. What you saw Saturday was not Xavier Basketball and I can assure you that you will never see it again.

CHRIS MACK
    XAVIER BASKETBALL HEAD COACH

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Classy.