I can watch bad football.....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 20, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

.....but I just can't watch bad basketball. And I can't watch this team right now for long periods of time. They look awful. They may not be as good on average as they played in Maui, but my word I can't fathom they can be this bad either.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

There's some laziness on this team. The wide open shots and inability to get rebounds on the defensive end is astounding.

3. CardinalVol

Lazy and dumb are two good words I would use to describe this team since they got back from the islands.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

When Hat said after the Charleston loss it was a "Houstonian" performance I winced. I pray he is wrong.

5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I'm sure there's plenty of blame to be laid on coaches, but Pearl seriously recruited some of these guys?

6. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

This is the first game I have seen the team play, and we are really bad. Wow.

7. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I mean we show glimpses of hope, but no consistent effort.

8. CardinalVol

We actually have looked all right the last 8 minutes or so.

9. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Maymon started giving a shit, and Tatum started hitting shots.

10. CardinalVol

Defensive effort is much more on par with where it was earlier in the year.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Some? Try the vast majority.

12. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I watched the 2nd half and thought the team was well coached. The problems I noticed seemed to be directly related to stupidity of some of the players and laziness. I think Cuonzo is doing a good job but he just doesnt have enough players with brains to get it done.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is still a Bruce Pearl team. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in denial.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This is a Bruce Pearl team that's getting about 10 minutes a game of Cuonzo Martin. And I can't wait until that number hits 40.