The Section 103 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Nov 21, 2014.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. It was obvious at the start that the events of the week had taken their toll on the fans. The first half was bereft of any energy from the crowd.
    2. I really hope someone emerges to take primary ballhandling responsibilities from Josh Richardson. He deserves to play his natural position as a senior.
    3. The more I see Kevin Punter, the more I like his game. He's fearless and aggressive.
    4. The freshmen post players have meaningful potential. They are all athletic and active.
    5. The press is still a work in progress. Players are still unsure where they need to be in a given situation.
    6. The cumulative effect of said press was a major factor in the Vols pulling away. If pressure is working properly, it is the basketball equivalent of body shots in boxing.
    7. Robert Hubbs is rapidly approaching a career crossroads. His lack of intensity was disturbing.
    8. The Dominic Woodson Experiment is going to be fascinating to watch. He just doesn't have the body language of someone focused on a task.
    9. There isn't much to brag about in SEC hoops right now. The league isn't grabbing many noteworthy wins so far.
    10. The national media acting as if Cuonzo Martin was fired by UT is growing tiresome. The man simply left of his own accord.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Hubbs' disappearance is baffling to me. Kid either has no aggression whatsoever or can't play. Appears to have no confidence shooting the ball.

Who on earth is coaching shooting to kids now? We have the worst looking shooters I've ever seen. No consistency, no fundamentals and no results. Half of our team appears to shoot from the left side of their heads and the others straight over the top. Silly looking.

Agreed on Punter. He, Mostella and Hubbs are the guys that make the zone trap work.

I REALLY like Mostella's game. He's going to score a lot as a Vol.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Was talking about Hubbs last night. My friend said he read a lot that Hubbs was great when he was the most physical talented person on the court, but not so much when people out there were equal. Looks spot on to me.

He doesn't seem to have the ability at this time to kick the motor into next gear.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Hubbs is Scotty Hopson, Jr.

5. hatvol96

Parrish was on the show today. Unless I badly misread what he was saying to me, he thinks Tyndall is as good as gone.

6. hatvol96

Hell, I wish he would get to that level of production.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Now can we get Ben Howland? Lol

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Is Hubbs' problem all him or was the poor coaching last year and a new system this year working against him as well?

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

he was hurt most all of last year

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

and i'm not trying to Saint counzo martin or anything but it's not like several guys didn't get better as ball players on his watch

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Jesus. What's Wade Houston up to these days?

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I just want to say that josh Richardson may be my all-time favorite UT player. I love his game.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Haven't watched him enough to make this declaration, but you might be right.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

He reminds me a little of JuJuan Smith. And, I really liked his game.

15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

The HAT has spoken...

So, in reality will we be looking for an unemployed/interim coach soon or is this an end of season deal?

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yep, I'd be thrilled. Absolutely thrilled.

17. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Will Tyndall be here long enough to coach a conference game?

18. hatvol96

I think he makes it through the year. After that, all bets are off.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't like his chances if we are sitting at 10 wins or something.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Which likely means Hart is as well.