FREE MONEY! 2014 CFB Gambling

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Aug 20, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I can't believe this Kent State team beat Army. Army must be even worse than I thought because this Kent State team is a damn truckstop shower.

2. kidbourbon

3. kidbourbon

Last week I went 6-0 on the picks from the picks post we do. Approximately zero percent chance I do that again this week, but here they are.

http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2014/11/6/7164075/rocky-top-locks-week-11-tennessee

KidB's "Free Money" Picks

Baylor+6 over OKLAHOMA: Hey guys, try to keep this on the down low, because I really don't want word to get back to Vegas, but Baylor is going to win this game outright. You didn't hear it from me.

Georgia Tech-3.5 over NC STATE: I can think of approximately zero compelling reasons why I would jump off the Ramblin' Wreck train. And I can think of at least two good reasons why I should stay on it. To wit: (a) they keep covering spreads, and (b) Vegas does not appear to be setting lines in a way that would make part a more difficult. Triple option 4 life!

Duke-3 over SYRACUSE: Duke can really score, and Syracuse really can't. It's almost as if their offensive players have bologna sandwiches where their feet should be.

[video=youtube;2oi9zXV0gJQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oi9zXV0gJQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Penn State-7 over INDIANA: I liked this game a lot more when it was Penn State-5, but I'm gonna stick with it despite the less favorable line because Indiana has just been real real bad. And yet they beat the team that might end up winning the SEC-E. It's weird that in a year when the East is as mediocre as it is, that there wasn't a team that had recently gotten a massive injection of talent on both sides of the ball to step up and assert themselves as the Alpha Males in a division that's seemingly begging for it. Not that I'm referring to any team in particular. Just spitballing.

FLORIDA STATE-19.5 over VIRGINIA: So there are some allegations -- no, more like insinuations -- that Jameis Winston might have done some point shaving in the first half of last Thursday's game against Louisville. I want to go out of my way to stress that I'm not suggesting anything one way or another regarding the veracity of the claims in that article. But I will say that if Jameis Winston did do what the article alleges, then he's even better at football than I thought. And, to be clear, I think Jameis Winston is really really good at football. But to knowingly spot a top 25 team 21 points in a Thursday night road game on Halloween would require a level of confidence that I am simply unable to even fathom.

By the way, FSU covered the spread against Louisville. They worked them over in the second half. Anyway, so long as FSU doesn't fool around with any intentional or unintentional first half point spotting against Virginia at home this Saturday, they should win with ease. UVA can't score a lick, and Jameis Winston has never put fewer than 31 on the board. I think this is a game where FSU would almost have to go out of its way to not cover. Hopefully they don't do that.

Louisville-3 over BOSTON COLLEGE: Speaking of Louisville, I was dismissive of their offense last week in assessing their chances against Free Shoes, and I'll have to stand corrected on that front. The last time I had seen them play they didn't have Jevante Parker, Michael Dyer, or Will Gardner. Last Thursday they had all three, and it made a noticeable difference.

4. kidbourbon

Another nice little saturdya. Gotta keep the momentum rolling.

5. kidbourbon

Had fiddy on Toledo-6 tonight. Good start.

Thinking about going in for real on Ole Miss-3.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Winston is not as good as you're suggesting there. He has a really good arm and a really bad head. I think he was blessed with Benjamin last year and really, really weak schedules.

7. kidbourbon

Eh, Winston's real damn good.

8. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

2 weeks until Vegas. Giddy about a weekend of football gambling and other festivities.

9. kidbourbon

There won't be a ton of games on the slate in two weeks will there?

10. hallowed_hill

No but it's the conference championship day so should be a good time.

11. hallowed_hill

I'll be there 7 nights so hoping for some hoops action too but haven't looked at the slate yet.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

lot of TOs against some sorry defenses this year.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

guy is as good in the clutch as any qb in a long time. of course, in Elway fashion, they wouldn't be in some of those situations if he didn't play like shit in the first 3 quarters.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Who in their right mind goes to Vegas for 7 nights?

15. hallowed_hill

No one. I have a class for work mon-fri. Going a couple days early for the weekend. Make 'em leave my boots on when they lay me in the ground.

16. VB

VB Member

Going for first weekend of the basketball tourney for the second time. So so fun

17. kidbourbon

FSU-7

It moved.

And not the line.

18. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Final Saturday
    5 units Alabama -8.5
    5 units GA Tech +12.5
    4 units Mississippi +3
    4 units Florida +7.5
    4 units Troy +10.5
    4 units NC St +7

19. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Pro Time after a 5-1 day.

5 NE +3
    5 Bills -3
    4 KC under 49
    4 Raiders +7
    4 Ravens -6.5

20. hallowed_hill

My early leans are FSU on the moneyline and OSU +4. What do yall think?