Obama and Oil

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Feb 24, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Saying, with a strong implication that he is responsible, that oil production has gone up during his presidency. John Boehmer days he is misleading the American people. What do you think?

http://www.speaker.gov/blog/?postid=281631

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I think they all are a bunch of damn liars that don't give 2 shits about us. They will say/do anything to get re-elected.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Link doesn't work. But to the general topic of Obama and Oil.

Bush had control of gas prices and screwed the American people while making his friends rich. Now with Obama, a POTUS doesn't have control over gas prices and should not be blamed when they go up.

Its one or the other.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the farce about this is the implication that you can have an effect on oil production in 4 years. drilling etc is a long process.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Solid point.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Link should work now

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Here is my thinking. The U.S. could come come out and say that we are going to start drilling our own oil, and producing for ourselves. It is a common known fact that we have oil in Alaska, The Gulf, Montana, Wyoming. When that happens the Middle Eastern countries would cut oil prices quickly, imo.

Now the problem with this is that if oil prices went down, we would never start drilling, and the politicians do not want to be perceived as liars. Of course, all they do is lie, and it never helps the country, so why not tell a little lie to actually help out the country. I am sure that this concept is to broad for our dumbass administration to understand and it will never happen.

We can only wish.

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Also, the economy has recently shown signs of improvement. Why not do something about oil prices to only help further the economy. For instance, it costs around $70 bucks to fill my truck at around $3.40 a gallon, well cut that price to $2.20, and I am only spending just under $50 to fill up my truck. Then meaning, i have another $20 to spend on something else thyat could only further the economy. Novel concept I know, but common sense seems to be lacking these days up in Washington.

They say they can't really control oil prices, which is complete bs, because all they would have to do is tell them we are not gonna fool with them anymore and the prices would drop like a rock thrown off a building.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The world market isnt going away.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

OPEC trying to drop the price of oil to slow down the production here and in Canada. This is really going to hurt Iran, Russia, and Venezuela.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That breaks my heart.

No.

really.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Venezuela will be hit the hardest.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fairly impressed you remembered and found this thread.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Gas in Tennessee when I filled up, 2.47. Gas when I filled up in The 305, 2.67.

15. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

2.95 up here

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I better stop [itch bay]ing

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

County over is $2.61

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Unless something crazy happens it looks like it'll be going down to 40 dollars a barrel. Which will make fracking and extracting it from sand uneconomicial.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

We are already seeing a drop in production. I'd be shocked to see it fall a lot further.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not good. The economic incentive for decreasing demand is being undermined, which means fuel efficiency and alternative fuel projects will lose luster too.