The posturing over the payroll tax cut is officially absurd

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 22, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

At this point, I don't care what the answer is, I just want this over.

We've got Obama trotting out families talking of their Friday night pizza going away and Republicans calling one year tax holidays "long-term" tax cuts that will help job creation.

This entire issue is a great representation of every single problem that exists in DC today.

I would give ANYTHING for a few leaders with a backbone to step up and be willing to sacrifice not being reelected and actually work and focus on the long term. ARGH!!!!!!!!!

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, it shows how much of everything both parties do is just a show. Very depressing. Everyone agrees that something needs to be done, but they're too busy wringing their hands about the others' proposals to actually get together and make something work.

3. CardinalVol

Eventually, this tax break has got to go back up. It has to. I don't see why they just don't meet and either do 6 months or a year of a 1% cut.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's a ridiculously small amount of money per household. raise the thing back. who cares? it will have zero effect on the economy.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Friday pizza, money droski. FRIDAY PIZZA.

But seriously, can't a middle ground be found? 6 months extension, etc?

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i love that being able to afford to go out for pizza once a week is now a god given american right according to obama.

7. CardinalVol

Pizza and family. A winning combo.

I'm waiting for the poor kid to be brought on stage to say how drastically her life will be affected by not being able to go out for pizza.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

There is no middle ground anymore with the clowns in charge in DC today. You are viewed as a collaborator if you even hint at working with someone of a different party. Polarizing political entertainers on both sides that only give 2 shits about making money have contributed greatly to poisoning the atmosphere. This nation is for all intents and purposes 2 seperate camps, neither of which really give a damn about country. Getting re-elected, raising money, and party are all that matter to these bastards.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

To me, it is. Pizza is my favorite food. Somebody tries to come between me and my pie, some serious shit's about to go down. Somone's getting hurt.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

better

11. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

It would get more play if they brought a kid that said McDonald's night out had been cut!

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I thought Michelle Obama was travelling the fruited plains telling kids not to eat pizza. I'm confused.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

It seems to me that a lot of these problems would solve themselves with term limits in Congress. Probably a better chance of the Vols rushing for 300 ypg next year.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Give me liberty or give me pizza.

My how far we have come.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's too simple

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Term limits exist. We keep electing them.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

well, yeah, but my point was it seems to me a lot of the problems come from reelection being the primary concern rather than responsible governing.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

All we have to do is agree to not re-elect incumbents.