Serial

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 20, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Anyone else listen to this?

Knocked it out the last two days. Found it very interesting.

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Absolutely love it. Have last 2 episodes to go, but it is really well done.

3. CardinalVol

Just bite the bullet, take an hour and a half, and knock it out. I need someone to discuss this with other than my wife because we are in 100% agreement on it.

4. gcbvol

I'll do it. Really wanted to finish it last week but work and personal schedule was insane. I should be ready to discuss tomorrow.

5. CardinalVol

I was able to knock 7 out at the office yesterday (mind numbing type work day) and finished the rest raking leaves and then turning the tv on so kids wouldn't bother me.

6. CardinalVol

I had my mind made up by 10 though and haven't changed it.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What is this exactly?

8. CardinalVol

It's a podcast by a investigative reporter about a murder/trial that happened in 99. It's just really well done.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Sugar Pops are my favorite.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I may be a couple short, but I also have formed a strong opinion as to what happened. Let's discuss.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Boo Berry

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The butler did it.

13. CardinalVol

I think he killed her or at best had something to do with it. I don't think it was how the prosecution laid it out, nor that he should have ever been convicted.

Only other option is cops went for easiest case, had already found the car, told Jay exactly what to say, and he went along with it.

I'm going to listen to some episodes over again though.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Boo Berry are extremely hard to find though.

15. gcbvol

Motive is perplexing. I don't buy the whole jilted lover premediated premis; there really was no supporting evidence. Maybe if he is a high functioning psychopath this makes sense, but I'm not sure I beleive that either. That said, I do beleive he was involved with her death whether crime of passion, accident or whatever the circumstance. That he's stuck by his innocence claim for 15 years gives me some pause, but not as much as Jay. I'm not sure what to make of Jay, other than he's just as likely to be a psychopath as Adnan.

I don't see how there was anywhere close to enough evidence to convict Adnan.

16. CardinalVol

I don't think it was premeditated if he did do it. I think he just snapped. Over the last 15 years he's convinced himself the lie is the truth. I just can't fathom what Jay had to gain by working with the cops based on what we know. I've tried. I can't do it.

But, yeah, he should have never been convicted. And my mind can be changed if you can convince me.

17. gcbvol

I think it was during the interview with Ewing where I started thinking something like selective amnesia could be at work. I think he truly believes he had nothing to do with her murder.

18. CardinalVol

The shadyness of the DA made me cringe.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I might be able to send you a box. PM me, if you want.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

My strong opinion circles around this (it isn't a conclusion, necessarily):

There is only one person who certainly was involved in the murder, and that is Jay. He knew where the body was. He knew how deep it was buried, and he knew about her car. That can't be said with certainty about anyone else. That he isn't in prison but someone else is seems like gross negligence.

I suspect Jay has lied from the beginning.