Virginia GOP

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

They are completely out of touch. I am sure some will say Perry and Gingrich are at fault for this but I am on the opposite side. It smells of corruption and back room politics. Gingrich is leading in your polls and you will not have him on the ballot? The only thing this did for me was make my decision regarding whether would vote for Romney in a national election. That answer is now NO. The GOP reminds me of the Dems in the 80s. They are completely self destructing. They cannot seem to get it...people are sick of BS politics. Obama might not even need to spend his war chest.

Both candidates had the 10000 signatures. It is likely they went as far as to check which districts the voters were in and found one with 399 not the 400 required.

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Perry has already stated he had the 10k as did Gingrich. The question would be were all of their signatures registered voters and did they get 400 from each district. Perry is considering an appeal. Gingrich likely will let it go and just pursue write ins. It is corruption. It is all bout who the big wigs their want in the national election. And it is horribly embarrassing for our democratic system. I am just about done with the GOP in its entirety.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Come to the dark side and help me take it back from the far left whackos...:).

Yes, I'm braced for the flames that are coming my way. Don't give a shit. Bring 'em.:)

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the problem. The extreme left and extreme right have a hold on the mindless drones that repeat everything they hear.

5. JayVols

You, sir, are a professor of truth. Radicals on both sides are the problem. One of the Republican presidents I respect the most, Eisenhower, would be considered a pinko commie liberal if you compared his policies to today's climate. And if you're not for gov't control of EVERYTHING then you're a right wing nutjob that hates poor people to the far left. What happened to middle ground? Sad, imo.

Edit: Perhaps our generations can fix the shit storm messes the late baby boomers have created

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Until cnn, foxnews, etc and gone, I seriously doubt its possible.

7. JayVols

CNN has a left slant, I agree. However, overall I don't personally see their slant nearly as bad as MSNBC is to the left or Fox News is to the right.

I think political entertainers like Olbermann, Maddow, Limbaugh, Beck, and Hannity are a bigger problem. Their interest lie with party over country much like those in DC. The acidic rhetoric by those folks have ripped the nation apart. I know people have to be willing to be influenced or already have a leaning to listen to them, but damn. They are getting rich off of paralyzing OUR nation by sowing the seeds of division. Despite what the left claimed, Bush wasn't evil; despite what the right says, neither is Obama. I get totally discouraged just thinking about it.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

CNN is moderate-Left, unless you're looking at them with far Right glasses on.

9. JayVols

That's pretty much my take IP.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Eh, I just meant 24 hour news in general. I actually watch more CNN than anything else.

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I read my news online. I use cnn.com but will go to foxnews.com to get the another perception on the issues. Foxnews is about 80 percent focused on agenda and not just covering the news. CNN is about the opposite. It has its moments when dealing with politics. Politics is polarizing in general it would be hard to keep journalist objective when covering it. Foxnews IMO was not always as bad as it is now. I used to use it but they are so arrogant now they do not even hide the fact they have an agenda unless you choose not to see it.