Draft Decision big for Vols in 2012

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

USClite-Stephen Gilmore, Alshon Jeffreys should go pro. If he does This team will fight to be bowl eligible in 2012. If he stays they could contend depending on how new DC pans out.

UGA- Rambo and Orson Charles are about 50-50 stay or go. Aaron Murray has a decision to make. I would say it is less then 30% likely he goes pro. But in our wet dreams imagine if they did go pro. UGA and BAMA will be the team to beat in the SEC if they all stay.

UF-Jelani Jenkins and Debose. I am not sure if these guys will go but Jenkins is an amazing player. It would help us big time if he goes. Jenkins is a great MLB who can cover most WRs man to man. If he stays, UF's D is NC good. O is quite the opposite.

Just something that I was researching this morning...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Orson is gone. Alshon is gone. I think the rest stay.

Does Jenkins have his degree yet?

3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I agree Alshon is gone. Why do you think Orson is gone? IDK on Jenkins.

4. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I did see that Jenkins had a 4.0 out of high school and is a scholar athlete. With his athletic ability he would jump up draft boards once they got through combines IMO.

5. tripper

tripper Member

Jenkins is actually a RS sophomore. I doubt he has graduated yet.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he came into college as a sophomore academically. I read an interview with him about how his degree is the reason he is in school, not football

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

TE is a shallow spot in the draft and with the way UGA has recruited TEs, he may be "encouraged" to go

8. tripper

tripper Member

Interesting. He would have had about 7 picks this year if could catch the ball. Hell of a ball player.

9. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Jefferies was a bust this past season. His production was cut in half from the previous season and won 10 games in spite of this. SC will easily finish in the top three in the east next year with or without Jefferies.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree. That defensive front four is what wins SC games.

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

The front 4 may be why they win a lot of games. However, Alshon was not a bust. He was working with no QB all year. IF he is not there they really have no options on 3rd and long. USClite will have a Kentucky bad offense next year even with Lattimore with no Alshon. They also lost 2 of there best 5 DL as well.

12. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I added Gilmore to the list who is evidently deciding as well.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's funny to me that Spurrier is winning games with a vanilla offense and a damn good d. Lattimore can carry sc to 7 or 8 wins healthy.

I still say losing Ingram is worse than Alshon

14. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Ingram is a big deal. But their vanilla offense goes to bitter flavored without Alshon. Lattimore will not have the endurance in his knee to carry this team next year unless he heals like a super human. Dooley and Chaney will have to mess up real bad not to be 2-3 in the East next year. On paper it should be a given. Spurrier winning games is just what he does. He is a good coach as much as I hate him.

15. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Without Lattimore they lose to Georgia and Navy. Id put my confidence into Lattimore over the second coming of Dough Boy any day to win a game.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Next season is pretty much a wash for Lattimore. If he's smart, he'll rehab his knee and sit for half of next season