2012 SEC Schedule Thread

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Dec 27, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

UGA may go undefeated going into SEC champ game...it sucks to live in Georgia right now...

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Have faith Richt will screw it up.

This is eerily similar to the lead up to Tennessee's 2005 season for the Dawgs

4. CardinalVol

Except that schedule is easier than Tennessee's in 05.

5. tripper

tripper Member

Our schedule is set up quite nicely with Arkansas coming off the schedule, but UGA's is set up to make a serious run as long as they can get past USCe. We should win 9 games and if we can pull an upset, I believe 10 is feasible. However, I think this staff is equally capable of winning 7.

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Underachieving with that schedule and the talent UGA has coming back would be 10-2, 9-3 would put Richt right back on the hot seat or out of town. If that happens it means we beat them. Underachieving for us is 8-4 or worse. We should lose to UGA and Bama no one else but there are some close calls like USCe and UF. But honestly this year 6-6 was the bottom with injuries and Dooley found a way to go below that.

I would say Murray going pro changes things for UGA. They would have to play the guy who could not play his senior year and RS this year. What is his name? He was supposed to be good IIRC. Hutson will transfer out after spring unless he beats him out.

7. tripper

tripper Member

From all the people I've talked to in GA, Murray will not go pro but who knows. If they are not in the SECCG, they have failed miserably.

8. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

No one would know but Murray. MB stayed so there is hope. Laundry should stay. That would make him possibly the third QB taken slips no farther then 5th taken. He will do no better next year. I do not know his story if he is rich etc...but I would not listen UGA fans. They were all shocked he even turned in papers to the draft. I agree though he likely stays but I would not be shocked if he left.

9. CardinalVol

Schedules supposed to come out today.

10. CardinalVol

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm thinking 11-1 at a minimum.

12. CardinalVol

I seriously have the feeling this is the year Tennessee/Florida gets bumped from CBS. Bama/Arkansas is just the better game now.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

And it's what we all expected. There are four games in which we should cruise, four in which I expect to be modest favorites (Vandy, MSU, Missouri, NC State), one in which we're likely a very small favorite (Florida), and three in which we're underdogs (Carolina, Georgia, Bama). If Dooley is the man we hope him to be, he should be able to get 9+ wins out of this schedule.

14. tripper

tripper Member

Ole Miss didn't receive any favors.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is hard to say how many wins to expect. I have no real faith in the coaching anymore, after the Kentucky and Vanderbilt games especially.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'd say the scale of Nutt to Saban goes from about 4-8 to 11-1. I have a lot of faith in our defensive staff, but the other side of the ball will have to convince me.

17. CardinalVol

How healthy will Hunter be? Can we come up with a average run game?

If the answers to both of those are yes, we'll be all right. If either is no, then it'll be another long year.

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I disagree. There's no way Orson stays for UGA and Alabama loses all their receivers and I think Richardson goes. I'm not saying we beat 'Bama, but it's possible. Lattimore probably won't be 100% and USCe just isn't that good without him. Florida will be learning a new offense and still has holes. Every game is winnable. This schedule makes it easy for Hart. 8 wins has to be the lowest possible win total and that likely involves some sort of complications that didn't make it at least 9. Anything less than that, and it's obvious Dooley isn't the answer for those few of us that are still not ready to fire him.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama also loses about 6 linebackers due to graduation too

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The way the team imploded against Arkansas and Kentucky have me questioning Dooley the most. There were also some head scratching decisions in the Vandy game. However, we should not expect anything less than 9 wins with this schedule and the roster we have coming back. Anything less, even if its 8, and I will be ready for Dooley to hit the road.