IP goes to a Lady Vols game

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by IP, Dec 28, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tonight, I went to a Lady Vols basketball game. Entirely by accident.

For some reason, all day I thought it was Thursday. I even packed up to leave back for Denver tomorrow, thinking tomorrow was Friday. Because of this, I accidentally scalped a ticket for the Ladies and went to my first Lady Vols game in years. I decided to make the most of it. The following are my observations:

1. Old people and lesbians love the Lady Vols. Good for them.

2. Pat Summitt is not the active head coach of the Lady Vols anymore. She is just a figurehead. I suspect her disease has progressed much further than is let on.

3. Older female lady Vols fans have the most epic Tennessee sweaters this world will ever see. I saw a knitted sweater-vest with one of Andrew Jackson's Volunteers in full battle dress charging out the back of the sweater, with "Tennessee" and Vols above and below him. It was amazing.

My accidental experience was overall a positive. I can see why many would cling to a reliably successful women's UT sports team, especially these days.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Did you seriously think you were going to the Citadel game? At what point did the baby blue trimmed Lady Vols gear and smell of Ladies' Jovan Musk not overwhelm you?

And lastly, why are we not getting a post-game report? Least you could do, imo, jmo.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I became suspicious when I had to push through a crowd of elderly ladies to get to my seat, only to see a bunch of tall, athletic women warming up on the court. I then began to notice the patches of baby blue around me, the fact that I was the only man between 11 and 40 in the building, and the lack of a student section.

There's no point in a post-game. Tennessee won 90 to 30-something. The other team was sloppy in the beginning, and physically mismatched throughout.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So are you going back tonight?