After Viewing the 2012 Schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kidbourbon, Dec 29, 2011.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

10 wins or bust for [ddiapos] is not an unreasonable position. Methinks the schedule favorable.

If we don't get 10 wins we lost to either (a) a shitty team, or (b) a mediocre team. Because Dooley has lost the benefit of the doubt -- and I do think this statement is representative of > 50% of fans -- he cannot afford to lose to shitty teams or mediocre teams.

10 wins or bust, fellas. Prove me wrong [ddiapos]. Please pretty please.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I feel the same way, but I don't think a coach has ever been fired for his performance after a 10 win season. Next season's schedule is so soft.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I've been saying for a few months that he has to win 9 games minimum.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

What about 9 win season?

Imo, a 9 win season should get him fired. Whether it does boils down to two factors: (a) Dave Hart's current opinion of [ddiapos]* and (b) the size and fortitude of Dave Hart's testicles.

*Which, obviously, none of us know.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I would be totally flabbergasted if they won 10 games next year. I think there is a very real chance they finish with only two wins in the East. And I think its possible we go to Miss. State and lose. I just have zero confidence in the staff and their ability to game-plan and win games in this league.

Until I can figure out: 1) How they can effectively run the football; 2) Find a suitable pass rush; 3) Play man coverage; and 4) Make routine special teams plays... I am nothing but totally pessimistic about the team's chances.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Maybe they can "agree to part ways" if he is let go after 10 wins.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You aren't the only one who feels this way.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Uh, we win 9 games and he's not getting fired, unless Dooley molests the team manager or something. 9-3 is a good season and there's no way in hell he gets let go at 10-2. Of course, will he get there? I have my doubts.

9. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Does any one actually think we'll win two out of FL, GA, and USC?

10. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Bar will be set at eight whether we like it or not. 9 is more reasonable considering the schedule. 10 is where I'd set it, just to make sure it happened.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd be fairly surprised if he wins one. We'll fold up and let UF win. UGA will just be flat out better. By SC we'll be in the late season tailspin and get pummeled.

12. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I don't know, man. We catch you all in the middle of a damn gauntlet. SC is very winnable.

You all SHOULD beat Florida, imo.

Georgia will be the toughest one to get.

13. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

It wouldn't matter if we had 6 months to prepare for you. I have no confidence in our coaches versus yours

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Edited for reality

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Burt Reynolds actually knows a thing or two about football. We should see if wants Eric russell's job.