Pacquiao-Mayweather, May 2nd, 2015 - Las Vegas, NV

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't want to jinx it, but we are as close to having this fight, although 5 years too late, than we ever have before now. I just wanted to be the first to make this post. I've been itching to do so since 2009.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12164550/manny-pacquiao-agrees-terms-fight-floyd-mayweather

Apparently, the only thing that remains is the signature of one Floyd Mayweather, Jr. to make himself the most amount of money for a single fight in boxing history. I can't imagine even he would back out now that it appears he got every demand he wanted. As a boxing aficionado, even I may give up following the sport if this thing falls through one more time. If the sport can't deliver the one thing it's fans most desire, then what the hell is the point?

Anyway, I'll take a look at the match up once everything is set for real, which is, hopefully, going to be in the next few days.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Too bad it didn't happen 5 years ago

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

What droski said.

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

5. Unimane

Will be the biggest PPV and money fight ever in boxing history.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Does boxing still have that big of a following? I know a Khlischko (sp) is heavy weight champion, but that is about it. For me, boxing became ill in Manila in 1975, and died in Tokyo in 1990.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Should end in controversy, followed by an even bigger payday with the rematch.

Boxing is getting worse than wrestling in the late 80s when no one ever won without hitting the other guy with a chair while the ref was distracted.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I would have thrown down money for the PPV matchup 5 years ago. Hell, I was even looking at flying to Vegas and paying a ton of money to watch the fight in person. Now I'll just check my phone when its over to see who won. They're past their prime the fight doesn't have the draw to me that it would have 5 years ago when it almost happened.

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Just fight. Tire of hearing about it.

10. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

If the ref didn't see it, then it didn't happen. Lol

11. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

And how old is Pacquiao anyways? 137 years old??

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Exactly

13. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i thought they already did this.

[video=youtube_share;aYAQJPQKD-E]http://youtu.be/aYAQJPQKD-E[/video]

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Mayweather is going to beat the dog poop out of Pacquiao. You can send your 59 coconuts to my paypal account. Thsnks

15. Unimane

Almost two years younger than Mayweather, although his style makes him less likely to age well.

This fight definitely should have happened 5 years ago, but, I have to admit, I'll still be excited for the fight. Three two are still better than everyone else on their division.

16. Unimane

Mayweather doesn't beat up anyone. He will probably out point Pacquiao, though. The duller the fight, the better it goes for Mayweather.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I can accept that. I still think Some kind of controversy ensures a rematch in six months.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If it aint Balboa vs. Creed dont care.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

You disappoint.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Fool