Severe Weather Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Aug 18, 2011.

1. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Do you want one?

2. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

Hell yes. Haven't had much here to report though. We did get about 3" of rain last Thursday. First good rain in almost 10 months.

3. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

This may sound bad, but Texas could use a good Hurricane to unlodge that area of High pressure causing the heat wave. It would also help with the severe drought.

4. Hobock

Hobock New Member

This is a must, brother! You are the 8th Weather Man!

5. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

I just hope it will not be as active as this past season

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm enough of a nerd to challenge count for the title...we'll have to have a weather-off :p

7. Hobock

Hobock New Member

Mania21 & our neighbors to the South concur.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

If we have any more of this shit weather that we have had in the last few months, Im moving back up North

9. Hobock

Hobock New Member

Based on your resume', you'll need to dumb-down your verbiage so us hillbillies can follow along..:cool:

10. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

No need.

You would crush me with your advanced knowledge

11. Hobock

Hobock New Member

I should've mentioned you by name, BC. I can't fathom what you guys have gone through.

12. TennTradition

This sounds better when I read it as if it were dripping with sarcasm. I hope it was.

You know your stuff.

13. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

I formerly known as Mania will be ready for the second tornado season that starts in mid Oct. I've purchased a flatsafe that will be installed in early October. Use to love tornado season but after the f5 and a f1 that hit within 25 minutes of each other. i could careless if i ever saw another tornado warning in this area.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Anyone heard about the short-range computer model that is predicting big heat waves in the East in late August?

Seems like a rather low-risk prediction...

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

You don't get Nor'Easters?

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Every time I think I may want to move north, I remember the snow.

17. TennTradition

It's not too bad...especially if you buy a snowblower. I enjoyed the variability in New England with the snow. I don't like it here in Michigan half as much, through. Little 2" snows every third day...gets old quickly.

18. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

They are really going out on a limb

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I like snow and cold weather, and I guess living in a place that gets more of it would mean that I would be around people that are more used to it. In Mid TN, you can't find a [uck fay]ing loaf of bread or travel faster than 20 mph the second a [uck fay]ing flurry hits.

20. WM

WM Active Member

Apparently we have been having a hotter summer in Michigan than the norm. I'm hoping the winter isn't as brutal as it was last year. That being said, i did grow a liking for ice fishing.