Bray rumors heating up

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Dec 31, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

Grades and drug issues could be coming to a head. Hopefully just internet bullshit but there has been smoke from this for a while.

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Idk about gradue issues - I know he does smoke though - well according to a disgruntled ex-girlfriend of his.. how much or often does he smoke? I don't know.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Either people don't know what the hell they are talking about, or there is a lot of merit to the rumors surrounding Bray's drug use that go around campus. I've heard my fair share of stories from reputable people since I have attended UT regarding Bray and drugs, but who knows for sure.

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

obviously I have been more out of the loop than just about anybody, but while I have heard about grade issues from a couple of people, I haven't heard anything about the drug rumors since about the time he became starter a year ago. What's the new scoop?

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Drugs have been a problem since the day he set foot on campus.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Can we just go ahead and legalize pot so we don't have to worry about it?

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Well if recent history indicates anything, we'll probably lose Bray and Rogers to off the field issues, and Hunter won't be healthy. The team will go 6-6 next year and Dooley is seen as a savior for making a bowl game with out the trio and gets an extension.

8. Richard Dick

Richard Dick New Member

Can't say I know if he's getting in trouble or not, but I can personally vouch that he smokes like a chimney.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Are there rumors of him getting in trouble or just of him being perpetually stoned?

10. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

I feel we have a mass exodus of players between now and kickoff. After that, Hart needs to go $$BUY$$ a coach with a large wallet.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The grade stuff has legitimate, very real smoke. Whether that alone is enough to mean disaster, I don't know. But it is very, very real.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

100% agree, it's stupid IMO that it is illegal and criminalized.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Forget the pot stuff. If several players, including the one discussed in this thread, don't have an 80's montage of studying and display an academic acumen this Spring previously unknown in their college careers, the "we are young" excuse may actually become viable by kick-off.

This isn't "just my opinion." This is reality. I don't have recruiting sources, I don't know people in the AD. The connections I have are academic. The mods can vouch for the authenticity of this sort of information. I'm not trying to create a scare and they may very well turn it around this Spring. But they've dug a hole. Any fantasies of 4 years of Bray, D. Rogers, etc. should definitely be discarded, at any rate.

I have no information one way or the other on drug stuff. If that is a factor too the situation is even worse.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Had we made a bowl, the list of academically ineligible athletes would have blown minds and caused each of you to curl up into the fetal position.

15. WM

WM Active Member

Pills are involved in the latest rumors. Been disciplined in house for drugs before, Dooley growing tired of it. Once again though these are just rumors out there so proceed with caution.

16. Tar Volon

One of the very few things I miss about Lane Kiffin. The man did what it took to keep his guys eligible.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

For the record, the reason why we haven't seen or heard from Dooley in awhile may very well be because HE is curled up in a fetal position under his desk. He knows his career hinges on next season, and he knows the tire fires he has allowed to be ignited these last two years are going to be very difficult to extinguish without casualties.

18. tripper

tripper Member

I think Dooley is an freaking enabler, talks a mean game to the press but I wonder what it took for JJ to get kicked off and Rogers to still remain on the team.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  19. Tar Volon

Sigh. At least he's brought in a crop of what looks to be SEC caliber players, so the next coach won't have to deal with what he and Kiffin had to deal with.

20. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Stability