RUMOR on VQ: Joe Jackson to Transfer to Tennessee

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by gorockytop101, Dec 31, 2011.

1. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Joe Jackson.

Might transfer from Memphis.

If true, that's some crazy talent that went to waste.

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Citing a big time Memphis booster.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The rumor is apparently very wide spread. It might actually be true. Would be amazing if true.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'd take that. Would need to free up a scholly though I believe.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

True. I doubt that will be a problem.

6. Tar Volon

Yeah, we'd make room easily.

Sitting out tonight due to "a personal matter."

7. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

8. WM

WM Active Member

How good of a player is he?

9. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Let's bring A. Thomas while we're raiding Memphis here.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He's not as good as he was hyped to be, but good enough for us to be a take. He's a little small and can't shoot, but very quick and another ball handler. I think he has a pretty pissy attitude, but that could be a Memphis deal where the locals make it impossible, not exactly unheard of in the Bluff City. Usually, when you get Memphis kids out of the city, they are much easier to manage (i.e. no family, friends, handlers, etc. to [itch bay] to the coach - or protest outside the arena).

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hmm...I don't know what to think. We need a true PG, but bringing in more talent can't hurt.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

5 star top 20 player out of high school.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If he is released, transfers now and enrolls for next semester, can he play next January?

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, if Cuonzo can get him in, I will begin to seriously think he has a chance to establish a good memphis pipeline

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

If this stuff keeps up, we might be saying "Pearl who?" in two or three years.

16. Tar Volon

I'd assume next January, like the Maymon deal

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

No kidding. Hope Stokes is in his Memphis friends' ears. Start pulling Memphis and Atlanta guys and we can be a force

18. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Joe isnt happy with his role. Hehas had numerous opportunities to excel and has struggled for two years while Antonio Barton (Will's brother) and Chris Crawford have done a better job. Pastner has chosen to play those two at point and moved Joe to the shooting guard. Hes a good kid but hes not having fun. I think the excessive pressure in the city is killing him. I dont know if he will transfer just yet but it is a very likely possibility. Tennessee would be a legitimate choice. The most interesting thing if he transfers is what Pastner will do to the limitations for his release. We should know for sure by tomorrow.

Also, I like Joe a lot. I dont really care for Tennessee. However, if he transfers to UTK and enjoys it and becomes a better player then I wont have any hard feelings. Good luck.

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

so boosters can force Pastner/the AD to release this guy to UT?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hard to imagine Pastner not restricting him from Tennessee...