Supreme Court hastens the demise of freedom and the USA.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, Feb 1, 2015.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Although our government was already favoring the wealthy and powerful, the Supreme Court put their stamp of support on the Congressional Whorehouse by legalizing unlimited contributions by corporations.

Not satisfied with this dagger in the back of our country, they certified a healthcare mandate as a tax. Twist the dagger. This law was written by power hungry thieves, based on lies, unread by legislators, transferring enormous power over us to the IRS, levying the largest hidden taxes in history, making criminals out of people who can't afford multi-thousand dollar deductibles, destroying the 40 hr week for many, destroying jobs for many more, eliminating privacy in healthcare, diminishing the healthcare choices of everyone, eliminating medicine as a career choice for the best and brightest, and making a total takeover of medicine by government inevitable.

Our Congressional Whorehouse and the Supreme Idiots Court do not represent the best interests of America. While our President is not representing our enemy, Islam, he is engineering his Marxist ideology by executive orders and regulations, grasping more power over more segments of our economy to the cheers of millions of fools, while alienating the police, the military, and our closest allies.

Baring a miracle, I think America has seen its peak. This globe has seen its peak. The downhill ride will be painful for us and the world, which currently has no strong leader supporting western civilization.

The sheep are calling for more Bush and more Clinton. If I were a bear, I would go for hibernation indefinitely.

This is a blog from a friend, Dr. Charlie Anderson.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And we still have Butch.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Eh, there are problems, but I think we exaggerate our own generation's destructive capabilities. There have been always been these doomsday scenarios regarding the impending demise of the USA, in far worse situations than we are in now, and we're still kicking. Living in the modern age, though, is pretty ****ing good. I'm not worried about dying from something I got in my drinking water, nor worried about being in the wrong (non-)religion and getting myself killed or banished for it or any number of other perks of modern living that someone in the "peak" of civilization would've killed to have.

Fact is that the idea that we have already reached the pinnacle of civilization is some kind of nostalgic fantasy and, at the same time, the idea that things are going to pot in the future is overly pessimistic. I also didn't realize that Islam is now our "enemy", unless I have, somehow, been transplanted back into 11th century Europe.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm curious to see how this one plays out between raisin farmers and the government. It would be a nice win for freedom if the farmers won, but FDR is the gift that keeps on giving. Plus, we all know the world would go to hell if they could just grow and sell their own raisins without the government officials and special interest setting the price.

http://reason.com/archives/2015/01/31/raisin-takings-clause-case-heads-back-to

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Never has the financial picture looked this bleak for USA. Never. Not close.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sorry, don't buy this. We've had the Great Depression, multiple panics in the 1800s and I've been hearing for my entire life how things are just about to fall off the ledge, for one reason or another.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When I was fifteen my father was saying we were about to fall into a hyperinflation pit. In 1984.

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Man I screwed up here, and just realized it. This is a blog from a friend as noted. I did a copy and paste, but thought the authorship was part of it. I deeply apologize. While I do not subscribe to the whole blog, there are some good points here.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

This.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I have no beef with the campaign contribution thing.
    But I hear ya on the healthcare mandate part.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Can you elaborate?

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We have a shit ton of looming unfunded responsibility. Social security and Medicare are about to sky rocket forcing a change which will must likely cause social unrest

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Unfunded liabilities exceed 120 trillion dollars, that's kind of a problem.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't care if you do. You know enough history to know that inflation of the currency is exactly what eventually killed them. We are in the midst of that effort today.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

debt to income ratio and balance sheet both effectively bankrupt, though buoyed in massive ways. Borrowing outlets narrowing and currency devaluation happening in massive ways via the fed. The vast majority of our might in the world is steeped in our economy, which we've pissed all over to elect garbage.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm far more worried about deflation than inflation at this point.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I read an article today on oil prices. It pretty much said that the price of oil extraction and the scarcity of it have not driven prices. The author said oil has never been more expensive at any time. The issue was the dollar. Weak dollar = high oil prices. Strong dollar = lower oil prices. Gave kudos to Reagan & Clinton for supporting a strong dollar. Crucified Nixon (snd every other '70s President), Bush I & II and Obama for policies that encourage a weak dollar.

I don' t understand all that, but it was odly interesting seeing I have little interest in all that stuff.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's definitely some problems with that assertion, though. I think it has been laid bare how much OPEC has been inflating prices this last decade.

Also, why is cheap oil necessarily a good (or bad) thing? Energy diversity is better in the long run, and it wasn't going to come in the 90's when oil was cheaper than water.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I hate how we're wasting oil in shipping our food. basically we're shipping water all over the country.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Imagine if just half of people's yards were used to grow fruits or vegetables. The savings...