Do you want Kiffin to return to Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Dec 31, 2011.

?

Do you want Lane Kiffin to return as Tennessee's coach?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2012.
  1. Yes

54.5%
  2. No

45.5%
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Vote now, and make your opinion known.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It is a spurious question. It's like asking if I want a red Porsche in my garage when I wake up in the morning. (Sure, but it isn't happening). It isn't about whether we want him; it is about whether he wants us. And the answer to that question is certainly a big, fat, no. Why don't we just start a site called "BringBackGeneralNeylandFromtheGrave.com". The odds are better he'll be the next coach.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I might take him back, but it would be rather begrudgingly and only because Dooley had so severely depleted my pride.

Now, if there were a way to go back in time and have him turn down USC for a raise at UT, yes sir.

But I guess the real point is: two years ago the answer would be "hell no". Two seasons of Dooley and the option seems much more appealing. Almost any option seems pretty appealing, actually.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think it would look bad for both parties. He's obviously better than who we have now, but that isn't saying much.

5. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Uh, yes.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is Zombie Hitler available to coach?

That is where I am at.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Want? No. He is twenty times better than Dooley, though, so I would accept him as coach if it came down to it.

8. No! he [uck fay]ed us once. I'm not a fan of giving anyone a second chance to [uck fay] me over.

We can do a lot better than Kiffin, if we get up off the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Throw some names out.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think the ex-lover analogy works pretty well. We had something good, and it got away. I'd love to have a do-over to try to make it work, but it won't. Too many burning couches in the memory bank.

That being said, I want a guy like Kiffin. I want a guy who will look Urban Meyer in the eye, tell him he is going to kick his ass, and mean it. I want a guy who can go into recruits' homes, explain why he is a better fit than Saban, and make somebody believe it. I want a guy who won't be outclassed 6 times a year just because the fellow on the opposite sideline is a heavier hitter. We don't have that now.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

We get historic analogies where we are the genocidal losers.

12. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Let the record show that our lone Pac-12 correspondent voted yes.

13. I'm in the 'throw money at Bob Stoops until he says yes or gets a restraining order' camp.

Your suggestions?

14. I noticed that.

droski, do you just want him out of the Pac 12?

15. Your suggestion?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I like the "throw money at Bob Stoops" plan, but I don't think it will really work. I'd go after Charlie Strong, hard. He's young and hungry, and knows what it will take to turn it around here. Also, we're a definite upgrade.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I really like Strong and London.

I think Pat Fitzgerald and Art Briles are good coaches but would be big risks

18. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I like the coach La. Tech, interestingly enough. I don't even know his name, but whoever he is he's a [dadgum] stud. That team was pretty amazing this year.

I still think Chris Petersen can be bought.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I voted "yes" on the question. But I sort of rephrased the question to "would I take him back".

20. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

No, I don't want anyone here that doesn't want to be here.