I'm really excited about the Debord hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by countvolcula, Feb 5, 2015.

1. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Now I've actually seen something more painful than getting my **** smashed with a sledgehammer

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Saw thread title and creator and thought "big surprise."

Glad you feel the same way we do.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Life is good

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

...said no one, ever....

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Enjoyed someone at another place saying he was a good hire because of his history with Brady et al. at Michigan... Then in the next post of they said they expected him to be "heavily involved" with the O line. and Coach Azz working with QB's as "passing game coordinator."

6. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Not just anyone can take an all-time great and turn him into a 6th rd draft pick.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

this hire is actually worse than the one that brought us Butch and Bajakian. This is Mike Hamilton level garbage.

And, since the offense is Butch's, as he states, he simply has no business coaching football on Saturdays. Let him recruit and figurehead, while someone capable coaches the rest. Instead, we get the drum major who decided to call plays but makes up for it by hiring retread sorriness.

There's not much left to say. He is what we thought he is.

8. MWR

MWR Contributor

And evidently he'll be here for awhile.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. Which is why I am trying very hard not to get worked up about it. I have no control over the football program, I donate no money, I haven't been to a game in forever. The only thing I do to support UT is wear their gear and watch them on TV, so they don't even lose much money if I stop watching.

But for me, it is a spiritual thing. The more I care and desire UT to be competent and competitive, the more I personally suffer from it. And that is silly.

Let Butch hire whom he wants, and if there comes a day when I just don't care anymore, I will stop watching. And whole generations will stop caring about UT football and become fans of some other school or sport, and before you know it, that 100k seat monstrosity on campus will be empty and the AD will be swimming in debt that they have no hope of getting out of.

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'll leave this jewel here so we can all calm down and rest assured that we's okay. ..

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That right there is why I hate our fan base. Absolutely hate it.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

You know a hire is shitty when you have to wait until after signing day to announce a guy that is NOT on another staff.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Didn't Woodson play on defense?

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Shhhhhhhhhh.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I might have to create a VN username, VolHalen and become the biggest sunshine pumping SOB that site has ever seen.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

He played on both sides, but ya primarily a DB.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

[​IMG]

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Umm, I guess you're forgetting about this stat line, huh?

[table]
    [tr][td][/td][td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]RAtt[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [td]TotY[/td] [td]TotA[/td] [td]TotTD[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]WR[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]231[/td] 21.[td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]246[/td] [td]17.6[/td] [td]3[/td][/tr]
    [/table]

It put him over the edge and ultimately won him the Heisman. He still calls Debord on a monthly basis to thank him.[table="width: 500"]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  19. Jersey8

Jersey8 Member

So he intentionally made a ridiculous hire to show how well he's recruited and how down the East is? Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Posturing is much more important that wins.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Brady credits Debord for shooting him down the draft board and avoiding the Browns and Raiders...5 times.