Is Strong viable NOW?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jan 2, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Would it be feasible to scoop the Dooley turd out of the bowl before it is even finished circling the drain, and offer Strong a gazillion dollars plus a blank check for assistants NOW? Like, today?

Saying I have "no faith" in Dooley is a gross understatement.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Won't happen. Dooley gets this season to prove whatever it is he thinks he can.

3. You might as well hope for an irl My Little Pony to replace the I believe retired Tennessee walking horse at half time at this year's homecoming. Dooley's not getting fired until he fails at winning football games per usual.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Strong certainly wouldn't be my first call if I was Hart.

5. WM

WM Active Member

No hope, just more pain. Going to go watch a game i use to attend regularly thinking to myself, "Damn we have sunk to playing in the Outback Bowl every year but at least i get free tickets to it" to now wishing we could propel ourselves to such a prestigious bowl.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Sadly, the Liberty and Music City are starting to look prestigious with the clown we currently have running the team.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don't know if Strong counts as proven winner right now. I'm convinced he will be (and thus will be worth a gazillion dollars) next year. But Tennessee is a better job than Louisville. We should be able to get him if try hard enough right now. But I doubt he's #1 on our list right now, unless Dave Hart is as positive on him as I am.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I feel like if Dooley isn't given another year, Tennessee has to go really big with the hire. It probably won't look good to fire a coach after two years without hiring someone proven.