New Rumor: Dooley Out?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't think I've seen anyone post this yet, so......... Apparently, some people are stating that Dooley may be on the skids and out of a job tomorrow, perhaps resigning. Basilio, not the most reliable source, has been tweeting this and others are "hearing things". I have no sources, so I'm just re-telling rumors, take it for what it's worth.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

NorCalVol on Vols in the Fall also hearing this. Hubbs hearing otherwise. Who the heck knows anymore

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I think Tony Bassillo started that rumor. I know he has tweeted it. So if its him thats saying it...........big grain of salt!

4. Unimane

Yeah, I agree that Basilio knows little more than me, but it's out there. If they are going to can Dooley, I wish they would've done it a month ago. I still believe that any UT coach losing to Vandy or Kentucky should be automatically fired and it should be specified in their contract.

5. mmmjtx

mmmjtx Member

There is a lot of smoke right now..I wonder how big the fire is?

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hopefully larger than a dumpster

7. Unimane

Shit like this always turns out to be nothing, the ones with the big lead up of "crazy shit happening". Dooley will have a press conference tomorrow announcing the change in our jock strap provider, then someone will have questions about all the rumors and he'll give them a "what the [uck fay] are you talking about and how dare you ask me that" answer.

Meanwhile, Jon Gruden will have houses in Farragut, Sequoyah Hills, Powell and Soddy-Daisy by midnight tonight, according to the message boards.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

My feelings as well

9. mmmjtx

mmmjtx Member

That is a good one...

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

If true, the timing is terrible. If you are doing this, do it two weeks ago.

11. If says yes to UT, I'll go cut his lawn all of next summer.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'll dig an Olympic size pool for him.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And it would be filled with the tears of our foes.

14. Unimane

UT fans' Gruden obsession reminds me of those guys on Animal Planet that keep looking for Bigfoot, finding footprints and evidence of its existence everywhere.

15. I'll admit it is pretty bad.

Could be worse. Could be one of the diehard Fulmersexuals.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only argument one had to keep Dooley is stability. How is losing 4 coaches (the best recruiter and the best resume) stable?

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It doesn't shock me that Wilcox and Sirmon split. It doesn't shock me that Dooley is trouble. Yet, I sit here shocked that this program is where it is. What a total shit storm.

18. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Didn't expect to hear this sort of rumor tonight. Seems there's always some sort of shit going on.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I wouldn't be upset if I woke up to news that Dooley was out.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

At this point, we can't heal the program until we do what has to be done and ditch dooley.