Obama Justice Department Was Involved In IRS Targeting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Dec 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Sadly, the 18 month investigation into the IRS targeting of conservative groups isn’t over, and it may be worse than anyone thought. A federal judge has broken loose more emails that the DOJ had surely hoped would never surface. The picture it reveals isn’t pretty. The documents prove that Lois Lerner met with DOJ’s Election Crimes Division a month before the 2010 elections.

It has to be embarrassing to the DOJ, which may not be the most impartial one to be investigating the IRS. In fact, the DOJ withheld over 800 pages of Lerner documents citing “taxpayer privacy” and “deliberative privilege.” Yet these internal DOJ documents show Ms. Lerner was talking to DOJ officials about prosecuting tax-exempt entities (yes, criminally!) two years before the IRS conceded there was inappropriate targeting.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw...volved-in-irs-targeting-lerner-emails-reveal/

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The facts just don't match the rhetoric, imo.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It was a huge abuse of power.

4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Seems to be a common trend.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

how many facts do you have? you haven't seen but the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, I'll bite. Go ahead and share.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

What is there to share? The DOJ has gone out of its way to avoid releasing the info here. Neither of us have it, but the reasoning behind keeping it secret certainly doesn't support your view. info. I don't have the info. Your pretending to know that the facts somehow don't align with the broad perception makes no sense.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Well they have found more than 30,000 of the missing/deleted emails. Should get interesting, but I'm guessing this won't get much play until Obama is out of office.

Plus the bullshit about only keeping emails for six weeks, when I have to keep tax records for seven damn years was really stupid.

9. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Shocker...

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just saw this. Lack of facts are not facts. The facts (not the lack of facts) did not/do not fit the rhetoric.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

the freaking FACT that those idiots lost a bunch of email that literally can't be lost isn't telling? seriously? you make much stupider assumptions in being a "fact" based scientist than the idea that there is something being covered up here.

of course the facts absolutely fit all the discussions that center on a cover up. I get that the IRS' failure to provide the info gives you cover to claim "absence of proof," but you know it's complete crap just like I do. It's absurd that you're even arguing.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't put words into my mouth. I didn't say everything was on the up and up, but the extent of the corruption is not known. When folks assume impeachable offenses occurred or that the entire Justice department was complicit, they are hoping.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I haven't heard anyone blame the "entire" justice department. Do you deny that those with the power to get to the bottom of the situation have shown no interest in doing so?

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Of course they're complicit. They aren't even trying to get this solved. Emails don't disappear. That's the lamest excuse I've seen just immediately accepted by Justice as a reason to shut down.

Can you imagine the result if justice had been opposition led?

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I'm laughing at your "cover" for the lack of obvious corruption. To me, the email hole is obvious corruption.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't know if there's enough to be impeached but there's clearly enough evidence that this should be investigated.

16. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

as my grandmother used to say, "you can't hire a pig to slaughter himself."

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

All I said was the rhetoric doesn't fit the evidence. Everything else "I said" or "mean" has been invented.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I disagree. The IT department for the IRS has stated that no one asked them to even recover the emails, they submitted a report with missing pages missing in sequential order, which is what got the email tapes caught, and email records discussion with doubts about people buying that both of their computers crashing in the same week.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Look at the date of when I originally posted. Further, I still think this could mostly be in-house.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

i doubt it was just a few rogue IRS agents. However I doubt it will ever be tied to Obama.