J Rich

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by lylsmorr, Mar 16, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm very sad that I won't get to see him play any more games for UT. I would take 5 of him on a team and like my chances.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Easily an all-time favorite, and if I'm making my "favorites" team it's him, Carlus Groves, Ron Slay, JaJuan Smith, and Wayne Chism. (CJ Black and Brandon Wharton coming off the bench). That team would be fun as heck to watch.

3. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

No Lofton? I can't envision a team without Lofton.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Lofton was by far one of my favorites to wear the orange. When he crossed half court the green light was on.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lofton, Watson and JaJuan made me interested in Tennessee Basketball again

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Hands down favorite name, Pee Wee Gash

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Ramar Smith had good aim.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

CJ Watson may be the most underrated Vol ever.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

JaJuan never got appropriate credit either. That guy did all kinds of great stuff for the team that claimed #1 for a week. He made the press work, could drill it and was an athletic freak.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I hate when you have an all-time athlete type who is essentially wasted during a shitty period in which they played.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

No Houston?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is amazing how much that happens with Tennessee basketball.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Do we have to take his dad, too?

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Oh I agree. And Pearl was never able to fill that role again. And his teams were never really as good again (despite elite 8).

Yet somehow when names come up in conversations, Watson is always forgotten. Even moreso than Smith I think.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I still think Pearl's last team was going to be a great one until all the NCAA madness hit. You can, literally, mark the change in the fortune of our season once the word starting getting out about the consequences of it.

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He's number one for me.

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Duke Crews hit the glass hard and was a good defender before things went up in smoke

18. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Major Wingate too, he had a really good JR yr and was an integral part of Tenn's success (monster gm against the Shockers in the tourney) before he too got stupid

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I knew him fairly well, he was a good guy, but it amazed me he lasted that long before getting booted.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Berry in football, too