Sugar Bowl: Michigan -VT

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Jan 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Funniest moment of the bowl season so far was the VT punter running a fake, realizing it wouldn't work, and then attempting to punt the ball while a Michigan defender had ahood of his ankle.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That was pretty sad. I picked Michigan in this game - but couldn't for the life of me convince myself why I did it.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That looked like a damn catch to me

4. TennTradition

It didn't to me. The ball bounced up as he hit the ground with it. I'm not an expert on college rules - but that means no catch to me.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I kind of thought he was out before he really controlled it. Oh well.

If Mich hangs on to win, it is entirely because of VT special teams. Time to shut up about them.

6. TennTradition

Big win for Hoke.

7. TennTradition

That is the true irony of this game.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I hope Hoke can keep it up, and take it to Myer.

9. TennTradition

Me too (don't tell my wife).

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Why did either team get invited to the Sugar Bowl (or as it should perhaps be known, BCS at-large game #3, New Orleans edition)? Was it all money/fan base (but does VT travel that well)? Just seems a bit odd when you have South Carolina and Arkansas ranked ahead of either team. Also odd for the Cotton Bowl to be a top 10 matchup and the Sugar Bowl to feature neither a top 10 team nor an auto bid.

11. TennTradition

There can only be two teams from each conference in a BCS bowl. With LSU and Alabama being in the National Championship game, that meant no SEC team in the Sugar Bowl.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Seems like a bit of a relic from before the separate BCS NC game, then. Although I guess it wouldn't look as bad if USC weren't ineligible.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

K State and Boise are the teams with an argument if there is an argument.

A look of puzzlement on Michigan St.'s face wouldn't be wholly out of place, either.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Holly did not become who she is by letting others cut line at the buffet.