Tennessee Offers Butler's Holtman

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Per the LOCAL News-Sentinel, in Indiana (not to be confused with the Knoxville News-Sentinel), it's being rumored that Tennessee has offered Holtman the job....but that he's also being courted by Texas, too.

Link: http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20150328/SPORTS/150329723/-1/LIVING

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do I become a search firm? If being a search firm means already having a list of names so that an offer can be made on the 1st full business day in which I've been contracted, I can be a search firm.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It does seem a tad fast. **** UT, I am tired of this stuff. Putting my love into something like this is draining me.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Hell, if Tennessee wanted to raise money - we should just hire some agents on staff. We are exceptionally adept at helping coaches talk other schools into upping their contracts to stay where they are.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think I know what got UT to offer. On Holtman's wiki page, there's a quote from an ESPN guy that says Holtman "gets it". I don't know of any more alluring statement of recommendation that will draw UT people to a coach.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I came, uni. I came.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[video=youtube;5AoVrIlXj5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AoVrIlXj5U[/video]

8. jjacks6790

jjacks6790 Member

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This doesn't seem much better than Barnes...

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Not sure what to think about this, if true. I just don't know much about the guy. A nice rebuild at Gardner-Webb and one nice season this year at Butler, but I have no idea how much of the latter was his fault and how much was because of the guys before him. There are other guys who I would rather us go after, but there are other guys I could see us go after that I'd take Holtmann over. Anyone know anything more about him?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Didn't we beat him this year? If so, I guess he fits the bill by UT standards. Sign him up.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That would be three in a row (for football and basketball combined)

edit: three out of four. We didn't beat Tyndall

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No wonder he didn't work out.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I find it hard to believe that Texas is interested in him.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Maybe their director of Olympic sports used to be his boss.

16. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

So does any other thinking person.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That is nothing but the ramblings of some quasifan in the media. Where did he read that UT offered Holtman? The bathroom wall at St. Elmo's Steakhouse?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

But that list of people doesn't necessarily include anyone in the UTAD.

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Reports of Barnes being on campus today...

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

THAT's who that was at the urinal next to me in Beuhler