Memphis State Pre-Game Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by kidbourbon, Jan 3, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I think this game is important. Winning isn't situating us for the tournament or anything, but losing to Memphis State twice is a blow to morale for the team and definitely the fans.

Thoughts?

Can we win? Yes.
    Will we win? Discuss.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

We aren't supposed to win this and we don't have to.

I hope to a god I don't even believe in that we do.

3. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

This is a big game for both programs really. Nothing catastrophic if either loses but still important.

Tennessee just got a big time Memphis recruit. Other Memphis prep players will be at the game and are more interested now with the acquisition of Stokes most notably Austin Nichols. Memphis has had plenty of turmoil and performance issues this season. A convincing win over an instate rival could really boost the morale and get the team on the right track. Jos Jackson will play tomorrow night as well. I wont be at the game but i will be at my favorite watering hole. I have a ballgame to officiate otherwise I would be at the Forum screaming like an idiot as usual.

4. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

With as disappointing as Memphis has been this year to its fans, a loss to TN may really crank the heat up on Pastner.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It will turn into an inferno if we beat them tonight.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Golden and McCrae will need to take charge tonight. My not so fearless prediction.

7. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Brad Carson on ESPN Radio seems to really be in-tune with the tiger program. He expects a blowout by Memphis and didn't know that Stokes could play this year. Has Memphis blown anyone out this year?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm plenty scared, but Martin did a good job the first time around with them. If we can frustrate them and get them out of their game, who knows?

The thing is, the best case scenario is for Tennessee to have it be a 50/50 game going down the stretch. And what are the odds of that? I'd say we have a 20 % chance of winning, altogether.