Alright, Can Steele Actually Coach?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 4, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

His defense has had its ass kicked for most of this year. Considering he seems to be a major candidate for our job, can someone explain if he can actually coach, or does his reputation as a good coach not reflect reality?

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He is credited with committing one of the greatest blunders in the history of coaching college football, but other than that...

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Do explain. Out of all of the possibilities mentioned (with the exception of Spangler), I think I would want Steele the least.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

When he was the head coach at Baylor he went for a touchdown in a game they would have won by kneeling on the football with under 10 seconds left. The running back fumbled and it was returned 99 yards for a score and the loss.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Was he the guy who won against a vastly superior team on their home field after they fumbled on the 1 yard line only to discover later that the play didn't count because the defense had 19 pla.......ah, nevermind.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Haha. I see what you did there.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

His name sounds tough.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Kevin? I don't think Kevin sounds all that tough.

For some reason, I think of Kevin as being an IT guy who plays a lot of Call of Duty and pretends to be into hockey so people don't think he is a pansy.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Would prefer Sydnee Steele. George "The Animal" Steele would also be an inspired choice.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I see a Le Batard's "Three Kings" style rant coming when we hire a DC. Get the 8th youtube channel ready.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I now have the answer I was seeking.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

[​IMG]

We have found our guy.

13. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

Ha, wouldn't it be like our shit luck he is our guy. "Who did you guys hire?" "Kevin Steele, you know, the DC from Clemson who had 70 scored on him." "Ahhhhhhhh, makes sense"

14. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Sounds like QP, he used to have a Kevin, from the office, avi.....