Something you don't see everyday

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by zero-sum, Apr 8, 2015.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Sebastian Inlet near Vero Beach. Bobcat pounced on the shark, drug it onto the beach. The cat eventually dropped the shark who somehow found it's way back into the surf.

[​IMG]

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Honey badger would have landed that [itch bay].

3. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Damn nature, you scary.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That is a massive bobcat.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

saw a bobcat one morning when i was hunting in benton co back in the day. came walking up to the foot of my tree, gave me a look, and moved on.

6. MWR

MWR Contributor

Several years ago, I was driving on old 25W between Jellico and Stinking Creek. A bobcatcrossed the road in front of me. Then it headed straight to a vertical rock wall about 25' high on the side of the road. Without changing speeds, it walked right up that wall and disappeared into the woods. It was like one of those old Saturday morning cartoons.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I normally root for the mammal in situations like this, but I will not root for a wildcat.

One of the most interesting things I ever saw in nature was a snake sparring against a chipmunk. They went in circles looking at each other for a long time. I was just sure the chipmunk was gonna get it. But after at least two or three minutes the snake darted off with the chipmunk in hot pursuit. Another victory for team rodent.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Remember that python that ate thee gator and then busted open. What a freak show that was.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I watched a hen turkey fight a big fox squirrel for about 5 solid minutes one time. I have no idea why she wanted to fight that squirrel, but they went at. The squirrel was minding its own business at the base of an oak tree, she came up putting, then it was on. She kept flogging with her wings and trying to kick it, but he finally bit her face and ran up a tree.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've called one up turkey hunting. It didn't really make a sound, popped its head up out of a low spot, looked right at me, then meandered on. I was a little nervous.

I've also watched one kill a squirrel during deer season. They make no noise walking through leaves.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, I want no part of that bobcat.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've never seen a bobcat quite like that, but then I haven't seen one in Florida.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Agreed, honestly when I first saw it I thought it was fake.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wonder if they can hybridize with cougars. Maybe it's mamma was a Florida panther.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I was thinking the same thing. It looks a lot like a Florida panther, but with bobcat features.

Or the picture is Photoshopped (unless Zero took the pic himself, in which case I would never claim it was faked).

16. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I was thinking panther as well, but with a bobcat tail.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I guess they could, coyotes and wolves breed with dogs.

18. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Mountain lion maybe, but not a bobcat

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

From the picture, it's kind of hard to tell how big it is. There is nothing reliable to compare it to. We don't kow how big that shark is. Cat does look long though.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It definitely isn't a typical mountain lion either though.