Poster on VQ Says Martin just Said Stokes Has Been Cleared...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Jan 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

and will be on the bench tonight.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Woot woot.

Do you think he'll redshirt, or that he'll eventually get some playing time this month?

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'd be shocked if he isn't playing very soon. Kid is probably the best player on the team right now, and I think one of the main reasons we got him is because of the possibility of PT this year.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

[video=youtube;S4BWhvIlFVE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4BWhvIlFVE[/video]

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He hasn't been able to practice with the team yet. Correct?

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Not yet. I'm assuming that starts immediately. I'm kind of surprised Martin didn't go ahead and practice him under the 2 week exception rule, but he didn't.

7. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Throwing him into the fire...

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Nothing good can come from him being in the building tonight, let alone the UT bench. Bad, bad idea if true.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Rucker said he'll be on the bench but not dressed. The last part probably goes without saying, but I said it

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'm glad hes cleared but wish he wasn't making the trip.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Memphis is considered by almost everyone who has played there as a visitor since the Mid South Coliseum days as doing an intentionally pathetic job of securing the visitors' bench area. Almost every coach from the old Metro-Great Midwest-C-USA days has a story about how their teams were open targets and a few have great anecdotes about essentially fighting their way out of the building. I love the city of Memphis and its people. Don't really have anything against U of Memphis. However, having seen how they went after Danny Fortson, I don't even want to think about how they'll react to someone they consider a traitor.

12. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

i'm stoked

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

play em - going to be a shitfest tonight anyway - chaos and street ball all across the board.

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I have been to a few games that last 2 years with a buddy of mine who is a season ticket holder. The vast majority of the seats that they have near the visitor bench now are high dollar seats. I would imagine he will getting a ribbing, but they usually have a few officers about 10 ft away as well, so I doubt it will get that bad.

Got a text from said buddy that said he was being called a hillbilly and some similar stuff, but it did not seem as bad as he thought it might be.

That said, I probably would have left him at home if I were making the call.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Of course, as I typed that, it appears, high donor people have passed tickets off to some students for this game and reports seem that they are giving Jarnell hell....nothing to bad, just a lot of ribbing. Still though.