Orange and White game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Apr 25, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Elliot Berry knocks a the running back's helmet off on a pretty good pop, the next play Evan Berry puts a solid shot on either Wolf or Bransiel. That was pretty cool.

Dobbs looked comfortable

Pig was the most consistent wr

Kamara has a unique ability to disappear in a pile and pop up 8 yards down field.

Hurd is a monster

Dormady looked really good, considering he should be going to prom right now

Chance Hall whipped Tuttle in one on one's

Tuttle is massive and quick

Mosley is just massive

Jennings looks to run almost immediately. He's a very good athlete, but he's got work to do. They also let him go pretty much full contact too

The defensive backfield is going to be pretty good

The linebackers will be the weakest part of the defense, but they'll get a shot of athletiscm with Kirkland and Bates getting back to 100%. It's still a pretty good group without them

Jonathan Johnson is the kind of guy that will come up with a play or two that wins a game, but will never get the props he deserves from people. He's a good route runner and busts his ass blocking on the edge.

This team has a lot of speed and athletes. It's the most athletic team Tennessee has had since 2006.

Everything was watered way down, due to lack of depth and Butch wanting to put on a spectacle for the fans. I took a 3 year old and a 10 month old and had a lot of fun. The guy may suck as a coach on Saturdays, but he does everything else perfectly.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What was the announced attendance? The lower bowl was full. I'm guessing there was a legit 65,000 or so there.

3. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

I heard it was just over 63k

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Dormady can really throw.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I was impressed with Dormady. My hope is that Jennings becomes an all-sec safety and Dormady and Jones battle it out for the no. 2 this year. Don't think Jennings will get moved that quickly, unless he requests it, but just not sure he's a long term guy at QB.

6. BigOrangeBeech

Tuttle and Mosley are both HUGE. I somehow hope that Mosley can stay on the DL. He would definitely be a run stopper.

I was impressed with Chance Hall on the OL.

Really hope Coleman Thomas or Robertson can win the C job, with hopes of potentially moving Kerbyson inside or shuffling things around to get the best combination on the field. Run blocking looked good, pass blocking still needs alot of work IMO.

7. BigOrangeBeech

This really needs to be the Breakout year for Malone, especially since Pearson is done.

North has to stay healthy. If he does, between him, pig and Malone I think we will be okay. Still hurts losing Pearson though.

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

With the Pearson situation I bet they move him to WR the minute Jones steps on campus.

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I agree on the athleticism. Spring games aren't clean, but I just kept thinking about how much more athletic we are than recent teams. I mean, all over the field.

10. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Good call Aguado. I was thinking the same. He is a great athlete and his size has some upside at WR.

11. BigOrangeBeech

Didn't think about WR but definitely an option as well. Hate we couldn't go yesterday and meet up. Did you make it down for the game?

12. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I stayed home. I didn't feel like spending a day in the rain.

13. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Confident, chemistry, execution, fluid, overall thought there were some good and encouraging signs. Get (and keep) everyone healthy and in sync '15 should be exciting and fun

14. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Accurate and strong arm. Nice bomb to Malone

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

[video=youtube;cwI7EXDfI4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwI7EXDfI4Y[/video]

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Circle of Life

roommates Butcher and Jones showed yet again their competitive juices, Butcher besting Jones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Sanders besting Vickers

[​IMG]

18. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Hall got the better of Tuttle ... this time

[​IMG]