Fulmer as Memphis AD?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by homefry20, Jan 5, 2012.

1. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Lots of speculation about this happening from big money guys. He was at the game last night talking with one of our biggest boosters as well. Seems that Roy Adams (tennstud) thinks its happening too. Not sure how I feel about this. Thoughts?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is the meanest thing Tennessee could ever do to Memphis.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Would be a typical move for Memphis. Hire someone that has absolutely no business being in a position.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Just a case of little brother syndrome/penis envy, imo. Well, at least in football.....:)

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Good riddance. You can have him. Just make sure his wife goes too and Maryville will be estatic.

I'd be concerned he may leave once he finds a school worth coaching though. Eventually one will meet his standards.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

If Shirley Raines passes Fulmer's vigorous interview, Fulmer may decide to offer himself the job.

7. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Please make this happen

8. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

as long as he stays away from UT i'm all for it. i bet he would look great in blue

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Exactly. It will get that fat piece of trash away from our football program for a while. That could only be a positive, imo.

10. It would be interesting to see what he could do as the AD there.

I wish he would have accepted the fact that no big name school was going to hire him as a head coach and took a coaching job at a lesser school.

11. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

If this does happen, it will be a significant upgrade over what we have. Also, it will be a FOOTBALL guy in that position instead of a football killer. It would definitely be a risk and short term but it is interesting.

I don't care that hes a utk alum. We shouldnt be trying to compete with utk when we cant even compete with CUSA. I'm curious as to what could happen really.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Don't kid yourself. It will be a horrible decision. Fulmer has absolutely, 100% no business running an athletic department.

13. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

There is only one main job he has to do. Fundraising. He apparently is quite good at it. Our current AD is barely considered a functional human. We cant do any worse.

14. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

That is the only way he could become a head coach is by interviewing his own inflated ego.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

While I agree lv, Fulmer would be able to raise quite a bit of money for a football program that needs a shot of cash.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

can the man pass his own interview?

17. Fulmer never mastered firing incompetent assistants. Would you want him hiring/firing head coaches? I think not.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

This is exactly the kind of thinking that got UT into the position we currently occupy.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He better raise a lot of money. It's a certainty he'll kill the one program at U of M pulling cash right now.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll make Dickey look like a basketball fan