EA Access

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, May 13, 2015.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Does anyone have it? From what I understand, you pay a $5 monthly fee or a $30 yearly fee and it gives you access to any games in the "vault," which at the moment includes the latest madden, fifa, NHL, and NBA live games, as well as battlefield 4 and a few others.

I feel like there's a catch here. Something like I buy a year's worth and then in a month they take all those games out of the vault. Anyone got a little more info on how this works?

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

From what I just read it sounds great. 30$ a month for a yearly subscription and you get access to several games to download and early access to upcoming titles (5 days in advance) and also you get discounts on EA titles, some significant (up to 20$ off) and to a lesser extent. I hadn't even heard of this until you posted this, Im going to read a little more about it and if it checks out Im going to sub.

3. GahLee

And apparently when a game enters the vault, it stays, so eventually there is going to be a massive library to be had. Right now there is eleven titles.

Battlefield 4
    FIFA 15
    FIFA 14 (why)
    Madden 15
    Madden 25 (again, why)
    NBA Live 15 (it's not 2K but whatever)
    NHL 15
    Need For Speed Rivals
    Plants vs Zombies:Garden Warfare
    Peggle 2
    UFC

That's a pretty stellar library for the price and it'll just continue to grow.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Let me know what you find. I'm planning to do the same.

If it is as advertised, I'm excited. Been considering getting NHL and Madden anyway. Plus with this I can sell my hard copy of fifa 15. My one fear is that they will remove games from the vault once the new ones come out.

5. GahLee

They said they wouldn't do that.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well if that's the case, it sounds like a damn good deal. Only downside is I won't know which game to play first.

Sounds like the full year subscription for $30 is the best bet.

7. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Is this $30/month or $30/year?

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

$30 a year. I believe it's $4.99 a month.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

As for the "why" on some of the titles in the vault, I know fifa 15 was JUST put in there recently. I'm sure a lot of people probably still play 14 using EA Access, so removing it wouldn't work out well.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I was on the fence over whether you fellows were serious until I saw Peggle 2... Man, I enjoy some Peggle.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Need for speed is underrated in there as well. It may suck for all I know, but I don't have a racing game.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Planning on getting this tonight. Anyone else made the plunge yet?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Madden and NBA Live are just awful games. NHL is solid though.

Haven't downloaded battlefield 4, but I'm sure it's solid. Would people be interested in playing it? I had 3 and remember it being 100x more fun when playing with others.

14. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

It isn't a bad game, but it's not as good as BF3. Might as wwll give it a go if its free.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I will probably download it and give it a go.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Still curious if anyone else has bought this.

So far, it has been well worth it. Need for speed rivals has been a blast, and plants vs. zombies has been surprisingly fun as well. FIFA, for me, has been the big player, as I played it a lot before buying EA Access, but NHL is pretty solid as well.

Overall: well worth the money and highly recommended. A lot of these games are at least $30 on their own.

18. GahLee

Just did the monthly to try it out. Worth it. Haven't played Madden in years but I'm in a franchise with 5 other guys, so far it's fun but playing the hardest level is a damn challenge. I like BF4. Never played any of the BF's. It's different but I like it. FIFA is FIFA. Haven't played anything else.

I've got NBA2k14 so I won't play Live, I'll try NHL and TitanFall soon enough.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ya titanfall was added this past week. Downloaded it Saturday. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though.