Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Thought this a good addition to the generic / random (college BB, Boxing, Golf, Indy, Nascar, NBA, NFL, NHL, Soccer) threads

2. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Golson to SEC?

ND's Golson, from Myrtle Beach, is transferring listing Georgia and So Car as his top choices he is scheduled to visit early as Monday (Columbia) and Tuesday (Athens).

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

4. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

He won't be in Columbia Monday. I think SC are still waiting to see if he will be granted a waiver?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Do '**** fans like the idea of bringing in EG?

What's the ol' 'ball coach thinking? He can tap into and bring out a '12 like performance?

7. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I think the idiots and kool-aid drinkers hate it for multiple reasons.
    1. He didn't come to SC to begin with.
    2. He doesn't want to compete at ND.
    3. They think this will run Connor Mitch off.
    4. They think this means OBC is hanging it up.

Not sure how the OBC feels about it. I've read in different places that there is mutual interest.

Personally, I'm intrigued by the possibility. At worst, he would provide good competition for Connor Mitch as EG is very talented. At best, he comes in, provides experience, and has a solid year for us. I feel like if Golson could put it together that he could help us to an extra win or two.

8. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Also, several of our players are openly recruiting Golson on Twitter. They want him. Not sure why so many fans seem to be against it.

9. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

From @sportstalksc:

Update on Everett Golson:
    Former Notre Dame QB Everett Golson was back home in Myrtle Beach over the weekend. He's returned to South Bend to finish classes and exams. Will graduate May 17 and around that time will announce future plans. Our information remains that at this point he plans to play his final season at Florida State.
    Reply ยท Report Post

10. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Smh. Ulric Jones is one of our recruits. Won't even be on campus until 2016/2017 season. Talking shit about Deshaun Watson on Facebook (I think Facebook?)

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

29 seconds of heaven

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, youth.

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

How bout Harbaugh using the Kiffin strategy. He'll win more than 7, too, so I bet it pays dividends.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Why waste time with the cleanup?

I can name that tune in 8 seconds.

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Former 4-star recruit Ebenezer Ogundeko dismissed from Clemson for a team rules violation and behavior detrimental to the team.

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Former Notre Dame and Kansas coach Charlie Weis could ultimately earn more than $24.5 million from the schools while not coaching either program. - M Fortuna

According to Fortuna ND is scheduled to make two more payments (ending Dec 2015) making Weiss' buyout $18,966,867.00! Wow!! Talk about luck of the Irish!

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I swear, I chose the wrong profession.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I was lamenting how Cal underpaid it's assistants relative to other schools and then it occurred to me our 28 year old single WR coach was still making something like $200K a year. I think I could have lived off that.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't know if I would want the stress and travel of a college coach.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I hated traveling when I was a consultant, but you'd think during the off season you wouldn't be working all THAT hard, but I honestly don't know.