13 years ago...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 4, 2012.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

[​IMG]

How the mighty have fallen.

2. My God! What a night.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I hardly remember the game, being 11, but I remember jumping around the living room like an idiot after the clock hit 0:00

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It didn't take a little kid to jump around the living room. I was 18 and doing it.

5. WM

WM Active Member

You were 11 and hardly remember anything? Must have been hitting the bottle young.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Was drinking natty light. I was young and didn't know any better.

7. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I was 6 and my sister was going for FSU. What a [uck fay]ing [itch bay] she was.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd still hit it, even if she was pulling for FSU.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Quick story about that night. My father -- the greatest and most boisterous Vol fan I know -- had an emergency with his company and had to go to Southwest VA the night of the National Championship. I'm talking no telephone signal, no cable or satellite dish country, Southwest VA. He was able to cobble together bits and pieces of the game via a handheld radio but ultimately missed what he had waited his whole life for. He got home the next morning after no sleep and we watched the whole thing from start to finish (pre and post game) from the VHS recording. VFL, imo.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I was in kindergarten and remember my parents trying to explain the importance of the game. My parents estatically woke me up to tell me we won! I was excited because my parents were not knowing the significance of the night. I was just to young to understand. That night will happen again as long as we hold the program to that standard.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

i want those days back more than anything

12. Go 'noles!!

[​IMG]

13. At least one more time before I die.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was 13. I can still recite nearly every call Mr. Ward made that season.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Take her on a Jeep ride. [itch bay]es love Jeeps.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I was at the game. 2nd row. Was awesome.

You all are mere pups. I was 27 at the time.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

As was I. I was 13 and my dad surprised me with tickets to the game on New Year's Eve. I remember every detail of that trip like it happened yesterday.

18. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

That's Chavis

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I was 7. The only thing I remember about that day in particular was that we were moving into our new house. I do not recall watching the game, but i do remember my mom talking about how she hated the FSU war chant and that she thought that Keith Jackson hated UT. For some reason I can remember watching the Super Bowl the next season when the Titans lost though.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I was 7. That night, the local news announced that there would be no school the next day because of snow. I remember being so excited about hearing that because I knew it meant my parents would let me stay up and watch the entire game. Of the actual game, I'm not old enough to remember too much, but I specifically remember Goodrich's interception return, the failed extra points, Warrick getting stopped by the punter, the onside kick, the interception, and the celebration. At the time, I would have never guessed Tennessee would still not have won another conference title by 2012.