2015 Gazing into my Crystal Ball

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, May 26, 2015.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Here's my game-by-game predictions. I will also include the orange tint reactions for your viewing pleasure.

Sept 5 - vs Bowling Green in Nashville. Vols 41 BG 26 (1-0)

Orange Tint - By God, we are here. Did you see that? 41 points. We could have scored 400. GBFO, Butch Jones for life.

Sept 12 - vs Oklahoma in Knoxville. Sooners 38 Vols 30 (1-1)

Orange Tint - Well boys. You can't win em' all. Oklahoma is back and they will probably win the National Title. How are we supposed to compete with that new Air Raid offense with these young players? If we would have just caught them in October instead. Dadgumit.

Sept 19 - vs Western Carolina in Knoxville. Vols 56 WCU 17 (2-1)

Orange Tint - See boys, we are a well oiled machine. Did you see our offense? Boy howdy, we are not even showing 1/3 of the playbook waiting on those Gators next week. 400 rushing yards - look out CobbWebb there's some new boys in town ready to take your place.

Sept 26 - vs Florida in Gainesville. Vols 27 Gators 19 (3-1)

Orange Tint - The Orange Tint crowd here will lose their collective minds and have the biggest simultaneous orgasm in recorded history when we beat Florida. They'll set Knoxville ablaze and by the time the team gets back there will be a 12 foot statue to Butch erected somewhere on campus.

October 3 - vs Arkansas in Knoxville. Razorbacks 38 Vols 28 (3-2)

Orange Tint - Well you know they ARE undefeated. I'm sure they'll win the National Championship. They just have too much speed. I bet those Running Backs are getting paid to play.

October 10 - vs Georgia in Knoxville. Bulldogs 24 Vols 13 (3-3)

Orange Tint - well, it was just a tough time to catch Georgia. I mean we were deflated after last week's game. And Georgia was fighting mad after barely losing to Alabama. They couldn't afford two losses in a row. I bet Georgia wins the East going away now. They may even win the National Championship by God! Wait till next year when we get to pound those puppies in their house. BUTCH

October 24 - vs Alabama in Tuscaloosa. Tide 34 Vols 27 (3-4)

Orange Tint - One more year. One more friggin year. Lookie how close we were this year boys. Bama is just that good. I mean my God we are competing with an NFL team. Look at the miracle we performed just playing with them. I about bet Bama will win the National Title this year.

October 31 - vs Kentucky in Lexington. Vols 48 Cats 24 (4-4)

Orange Tint - Trick or Treat Kitty Kats. We just whipped that ass. Back on the winning train now. If we just play like we should the rest of the way I bet we may even make it to the Citrus Bowl boys!

November 7 - vs South Carolina in Knoxville. Vols 37 Gamecocks 31 (5-4)

Orange Tint - BUTCH. Spurrier ain't shit compared to Butch. It feels great to come back from 10 points down and just break South Cackalacks soul again this year. I bet Spurrier retires now because he don't want to ever have to play Butch again.

November 14 - vs North Texas in Knoxville. Vols 58 Mean Green 14 (6-4)

Orange Tint - Looking good boys. We are clicking on all cylinders now. Damn if we could have just played Arkansas, Oklahoma, Georgia, or Bama now we'd have beat all of them. Look at the way Butch has this team maturing. 2016 is the YEAR baby!

November 21 - vs Missouri in Columbia. Tigers 28 Vols 24 (6-5)

Orange Tint - Damn, damn, damn. Why can't we beat these idiots? I bet it has something to do with them always having a chance to win the East if they beat us. They were up for this game boys it's just a tough hand to have to play at their house. We almost took em' down though! I bet next year in Knoxville they'll be lucky to score a point.

November 28 - vs Vanderbilt in Knoxville. Vols 42 Dores 27 (7-5)

Orange Tint - We own Vandy baby! Butch owns the state of Tennessee. So proud to be a Vol tonight! Rocky top you'll always be.....

Overall reaction for the year:

Orange Tint - Look at that recruiting class we are bringing in next year. Now that we've got the experience we'll be unstoppable in 2016. I bet we win the National Championship boys. Yeah boy, next year. 16 - hey, next year is 16. Peyton was 16. It's gotta be an omen. We win it all!

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Flip Florida and Mizzou, and I think that's a fairly plausable season until proven otherwise.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

This is perfect.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If we go 7-5 I will puke.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"Expectations produce disappointment more effectively than anything else you can do." - Vollygirl

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The predicted orange tint comments are eerie.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We will be better than 7-5 unless Dobbs gets injured. Even then, we still will be better than 7-5. I'll be surprised if BG gets to double digits.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Have a bucket handy.

9. NorrisAlan

My sports watching does test me very much. But to hell if I am going to be OK with "eh, we tried."

I'll quit watching sports first.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I take solace that I can take joy in the failures of others.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seriously though, 7-5 means start making a list of coaches.

12. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

Looks about right to me.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I want 10 wins. Reading that reminded me how realistic 7-5 could potentially be. If Butch can't get one of OU, UGA or Arky he should be fired.

14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Bowling Green is going to play a very uptempo offense and their coach came from working with Art Briles. They return their gunslinging QB who went out early last year. They've got two pretty good 3 star plus running backs. Hell, the only offensive starter they are losing is the TE and they rarely utilize that spot anyhow. They'll be able to score on us some I believe. It's going to be the first game for quite a few players and there will be jitters on the defensive side of the ball. I just have a sneaking suspicion that Bowling Green will have a lot of people gasping throughout that game before we pull away to a halfway comfortable win by the time it's all said and done.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bowling Green also has a defense with 11 NAIA players starting

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

No it doesn't. Don't think for one minute Hart and Jones won't spin it, particularly if there is a bowl win. 7-5 is as likely as 9-3.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

As long as the recruiting doesn't drop off I find it hard to believe they fire him at 7-5 even though they should

18. NorrisAlan

After the extension last year, it would take a meltdown of biblical proportions to get him fired.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don't think losing 10 games would bring his termination into serious conversation.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

he'd have to be dead or in prison to not be coaching here in 2016.

depending on how it goes down, i think 7-5 could have the screws tight for 2016.