Jim Rome

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jan 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Reports coming out his radio show nets him $30M a year.

Wow.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

We live in a bizarre time, when a guy like that can make that much money.

3. CardinalVol

This is the first time in my adult life that I am rethinking my stance on capitalism.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I like him and listen to his show when I'm driving. They replaced him with SVP a few weeks ago, and Gary Parrish said Rome's show would be on a different station a few days ago. Was wondering what happened. Guess he and ESPN had a falling out again.

That he would tell the Worldwide Leader to eat it makes me actually respect him. Unless ESPN just cut him and he got pissy. Not sure what happened. Anyone know?

30 Mil a year, though, for a radio show is rather higher. I imagine that will drop quite a bit with the move to CBSSports Radio, though. I don't imagine CBS will carry the sponsors as well as ESPN did.

5. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

6. CardinalVol

Was he affilated with espn radio? I knew he did tv, but I thought his radio show was purely syndacated.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not sure if it was affiliation or what, but ESPN Radio down here had his show on until a few weeks ago, but doesn't carry it any longer. It has moved to CBS Sports Radio, which is purely AM.

For whatever reason, ESPN Radio isn't carrying his show any more, at least not 92.9.

8. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

^ That's what I was thinking ... I used to listen to him when he was on the animal in knoxville .. I didn't think he was a part of espn radio, being syndicated by Premier Radio ...

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

[uck fay]ing love The Jungle. dude would be money if he could go unedited.