Chicken Pit Racing Podcast

Discussion in 'Sports' started by DownNDirty, Jun 19, 2015.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I have my own podcast that we've been doing all year for NASCAR. I've done radio for the past 15 years but never hosted my own show I mostly host a weekend Oldies show and do cuts between songs. My two co-hosts had absolutely zero radio experience at all until this podcast venture. We try to have fun and provide insight every week into the world of NASCAR. We have a Facebook group for the podcast called Chicken Pit Special. If anyone feels so inclined to listen to one of our shows and give some feedback it's appreciated. We have a small audience I'm trying to grow a little bit. We have fun with the show if nothing else but do actually try to provide actual insight and news. This week's show was derailed by the storms last night in the area as it cut out our second segment almost entirely. Here's the link if anyone wants to give it a listen and give any feedback - good or bad - I appreciate listeners giving their thoughts on what they like and what can be done better.

https://soundcloud.com/ricky-whittenburg/chicken-pit-drive-by-quicken-loans-400-michigan-nascar - link to most recent show

https://soundcloud.com/ricky-whittenburg - link to all of the shows archived

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what equipment do you use if you don't mind answering? i'm not a nascar guy, otherwise i'd gladly listen.

3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I bought a Behringer Podcast Studio suite which came with a really good microphone, a decent little board, and some "ok" headsets. I do all of our shows in Adobe Audition and then run them through a program called Levelator to try to match our voice levels a bit better and then I upload them to Soundcloud. For the live show we are doing next week we'll be on Mixlr. My co-hosts Skype in and everything is fed through my board.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

thanks for the info

5. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

If you are thinking of doing a podcast I can help you get rolling. I didn't know how much of a "thing" it actually was until I had to set all of that shit up myself.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not sure if i'm thinking about it seriously. I take it the "plug the mike into your computer" podcast software sucks?

7. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Not necessarily they all are a bit different. The Behringer setup I got cost roughly $120 for the entire package that you would need to get started. Having a board where you can control multiple levels does help with quality. I figured it was worth the $$$ to sound halfway professional.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

$120 isn't bad at all.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Are you wanting to do one on economics

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

maybe a pac-12 football one, but I'm about 2/10 serious about doing something. I can't really do one investment or market related without disclosing it to finra and going through all sorts of compliance hoops because it could be considered advertising. even a football one I probably couldn't use my real name as ridiculous as that is.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

The sky is the limit

You need a suggestion thread for your on air name