Severe Weather Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Aug 18, 2011.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Count is the man on Vol Boards when it comes to severe weather. Solid work Count. Looking forward to keep up with this in the Spring.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He didn't agree with some of the takes on Dooley mid to late season, I don't think. I haven't seen him around in quite a while.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He also could just be busy.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Let's hope so, and that he hasn't forgotten about us.

5. WM

WM Active Member

He has become the anti- negative superhero thread starter at VN. Can't speak for him but I would say it was a tad too gloomy over here for him.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are we gloomy? I think we just have two feet firmly planted in reality. We know that it is going to take some bloodshed to get better, not powdered sugar and rainbows.

7. WM

WM Active Member

Was speaking more in the perspective of his perception of things here.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You have any walleye up there? If you do, I'm coming for a visit sometime....

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You may have a visitor in a few years then.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

There were tornado warnings this morning in Houston and surrounding areas. Have not heard whether or not any damage was done however.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

A big part of the story in Nome was that huge storm that hit them towards the end of November, which is when they usually get their last shipment for the year (since it all freezes up that far north).

Yes, they're having a cold patch right now, but they'll be back up to normal by the weekend. The sea freezes up there every year.

12. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Watch out for a possibility of Tornados on Sunday night as the cold front approaches the mid-south. The southerly winds will bring warm, unstable air into TN,
    Mississippi, Alabama, Arky. I don't expect any real strong ones, but an isolated tornado is not out of the question

13. WM

WM Active Member

11 degrees and snow all night here.

14. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

I'm trying hard to change you mothas

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

count, what about tonight

16. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

maybe some isolated severe storms, but not too much to worry about

17. WM

WM Active Member

Sometimes I stop and wonder if Reed Tiimer is freaking the [uck fay] out about something at this very moment.

18. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Tornado Watch issued for West TN

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

people in West and Middle Tn need to keep an eye to the sky. Tornado watch just issued until 5 a.m. Should not be any long track tornadoes, but an isolated spin up is not out of the question. Damaging winds and large hail appear to be the main threat.

20. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

ya down in alabama we had our tornado watch extended until 12pm. the hail has been pretty bad