Tennessee getting Clemson transfer

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by GoVols2003, Jan 8, 2012.

1. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

SIAP

Now former Clemson Sophomore PG Cory Stanton from Springfield, TN is apparently enrolling at Tennessee this week. Will walk-on. Supposedly should be eligible to play next season.

Out of HS was listed as a 3* 5'11 160 PG.

Clemson has him as 5'11 175 now.

Blurb from profile on Clemson website....

In 2010-11: Appeared in 33 of the 34 games as a first-year freshman, the only game he missed was after Christmas when he was delayed returning to Clemson from Tennessee due to inclement weather...averaged 2.4 points per game and played 352 minutes, an average of 10.7 per contest...struggled shooting the ball from long range, but made 21-46 shots inside the arc for a 46 percent mark...shot 67 percent for the year from the free throw line, but 70 percent during ACC play...showed a willingess to sacrifice for the team, he took five charges in limited minutes...had a positive assist-to-turnover ratio, he had only 21 turnovers the entire season.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cool. Can't hurt.

3. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Anybody know anything else about this kid? Any chance to contribute?

4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

-Rob Lewis

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

A practice body. Coach Martin still has to go out and recruit over Washpun or next year will be more of the same.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I haven't seen him play, but the scouting report sounds like Washpun 2.0. Maybe they battle for the 5-10 #2 minutes per game? Provided we don't get a for real point guard, which we still desperately need.

7. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

That's what I figured. Thanks for the input Hat.

8. LeeVol20

LeeVol20 New Member

I've said for the last 2 months Washpun isn't an SEC point guard, and everyone looks at me and says he needs time.

Glad I'm not the only one to think that.

(I coach basketball, so you'd think I'd know what I am talking about)

9. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I wouldnt get too excited about a 3* sub 6 ft PG. Might help out in practice but thats about it.

10. LeeVol20

LeeVol20 New Member

I'll take a free 3* any day. I don't care what his role is.