Can't Overstate How Impressed I was With The Plan Today

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Controlled dribble penetration fantastically. I understand UF's not a good road team. However, they were up on #1 Syracuse late in the game at the Carrier Dome. When you think about the garbage teams like ETSU, UTC, etc. that we've allowed to play close to us at home, that exemplifies the difference in our level of play. If that's an indication of the level of gameplanning this staff is doing for conference opponents, we have a chance at doing significantly better than what I thought. That doesn't mean we're going to challenge for the East, but it makes 8-8 or 7-9 look in reach when it appeared we were, at best, a 6-10 team in the conference. The addition of Stokes ought to be very interesting.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Good win on the heels of solid defense and decision making, but UF has serious issues. Soft, lazy and guard dominated. Their lack of post presence is as glaring as ours.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Remember lawvol that there isn't an "East" proper anymore, despite the fact we play the "East" teams twice. Still, I agree with most of the other stuff.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It's not lack of post presence, it's lack of use of what they have. Patric Young will be a first round pick come June.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed. Dude's a monster.