Butch in Nashville

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jul 29, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Neutral site games are "vision of our entire athletic department"

The energy from the fanbase keeps him motivated.

Progress being made every day

Manage expectations day to day, pay no attention to what you should be at the end of the year, take care of what you're doing today

On Dobbs: He's smarter than you and forgets nothing, he's worked on mechanics

Kirkland and Dobbs have photographic memories

Mid State is growing and there's lots of talent here

Jashon is a leader on and off the field

Hurd is 242 lbs, more durable and is getting behind his pads now, has matured both on and off the field

1% better a day, every day in all facets of life

Coaches get older, but our players stay 17 to 24. You have to stay in touch with who you're coaching

Butch has the sleep company monitor every player's sleep habits. 68 degrees and 8 to 9 hours of sleep a day. They have specialized glasses players wear an hour before they go to sleep

Bragged on Eric Berry, complimented his work ethic and said prayers were answered

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He seemed to call Kirkland the starter at MLB with out actually saying it.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Monitor sleep habits. Interesting. I wonder what kind of glasses they wear an hour before going to bed.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Damn, that'd be even more impressive than I thought possible.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Assumption are these orange (Amber) lenses that help block out some of the lights (blue I believe) commonly seen with TV, computer, phone, etc., screens.

Help them got to sleep easier and faster.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

His awareness of the growing importance of Middle Tennessee is encouraging. We have to have that locked down, and if that means a "neutral site" game there every year or two, so be it.

It is impossible, but it would be funny to play our "home" game against Vandy at LP Field one year. That'd definitely hurt some feelings.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting. I have orange shooter glasses, and it is noticeable how your focus changes when you aren't distracted by colors.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

All of tennessee is benefiting from jobs moving out of high cost areas to here to remain competitive. Looks to be a long term trend too.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

These neutral site games are first and foremost a big middle finger to Knoxville/Knox County over the ticket tax tickets. That is provides us a game in important recruiting areas doesn't hurt either.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What's the tax on the tickets? I didn't know about this.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That worked out really well with Fergerson

13. CardinalVol

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought it was something new, but the article said it had been around since 1947.

Surely the City can work out something to replace that revenue. Like run some refreshment stands.

15. CardinalVol

It's been a fight for a long time between the two. Hart has just taken it next level.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Didn't he mention Jennings playing multiple positions?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Probably, I didn't catch all of it

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

So you're saying the team wears orange sunglasses? Do they also drink kool-aid?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fortified with electrolytes and high doses of B12.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Saw it on TOOS.