Sunseri Or Steele?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 10, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It appears that's who it's down to according to the pay sites. My choice is Sunseri. What say you?

2. WM

WM Active Member

Jim Jones

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Of those two, Steele.

4. Steele is the lesser of two evils in this scenario.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just wake me up when the head coach search starts.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'll take Sunseri. I figure Dooley is gone. So, the only advantage of the DC hire is recruiting. I think that Steele is damaged goods at this point. Sunseri is the better option in this regard. If we're going this route, they're all gone soon anyway.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

[uck fay].

8. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I will take door number three bob. HC SEARCH ME IF THESE ARE THE OPTIONS

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Given the choice between Steele and "foregoing the fielding of a defense" - I choose the latter.

I know that he is an "ace" recruiter, and that he has Tennessee ties, but the on-field product is just a mountainous shit-pile of mediocrity, at best. If we'd settle for Steele, then you might as well bring Fulmer back, because they appear to be one in the same.

At least Fulmer would be a lot cheaper, and we know that the man already has some experience in cleaning out his desk - a trait which should not go unnoticed in the course of this search.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If we are down to these at options, I would prefer just to promote Thompson. If nothing else, he's "earned" a shot at it.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Lord have mercy, what a disaster

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

That wont happen.......................................

13. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Randy Shannon a pipe dream?

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

No, a Dooley nightmare

15. LeeVol20

LeeVol20 New Member

Sunseri, without question.

Alabama's LBs are the best in the country and ruthless. I'll take a guy with no experience who coaches smash mouth football over a guy that is just a good recruiter.

16. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

If we are talking second or third tier candidates...I'd rather have Ron Cooper.

17. CardinalVol

Probably not, but I'd have to think there's been enough turnover in the AD that he's no longer blackballed.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sounding we are getting close to the 4th.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Given the direction it seems to be going, he is no more a risk than some of the other names I have seen lately.

With a top tier guy he would be.

20. CardinalVol

He's got a lot of experience with some well-respected defensive minds. At this point, I don't see how the osmosis theory is any worse than anything else.

Plus, given the state of the program, I think a younger person as a position coach would be easier to bring in to this situation than an established DC.

I hate it, but we're a bottom tier conference program currently.