Dale Jones

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Jan 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Heard the rumor that he has offered to take a demotion to GA in order to be at UT and help out his struggling alma mater, but Dooley said we didn't want him. Anyone know more?

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

First I have heard of this.

Trying to understand legit reasons he would not be welcomed as a GA.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

That would be a slap in the face to Dale Jones. If Dooley said that, it's because he knows better than to even ask something so stupid.

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

also, wasn't Jones already a GA? That's how he got his start right? If anything, promote Thompson and give Jones the Linebackers or even the DL. Even if Jones made that offer, it's not fair to him to make him a GA. He's worth way more than that IMO.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Dooley hate train is gonna pick up more steam.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's something like that, I was thinking it was 5 years. Either way, Dale Jones can't be a GA

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

At this point, Im at full speed...........

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That must have been after we had Mitch Browning.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it was changed while Browning was here actually

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I want to say the change in rule was basically directly because of him working as a GA here wasn't it?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pretty much. Saban was doing it too

12. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Just pretending that Dooley didn't really say we don't want Dale Jones, why would he not be a viable to be DC? I mean, it's a huge step from offering to be a GA, but seriously, why not Dale Jones as DC?

Although, I still like the idea of promoting LT and giving Jones the linebackers. I just don't know if Jones would consider going from DC at a FCS powerhouse to a position coach again would only be a lateral move if not moving down. I think bring Jones here would be a phenomenal move at this point and I'd be excited about it.

13. joevol320

joevol320 New Member

99% none of this happened. one would think that we would understand most of these rumors are untrue, yet many people get sucked into them. pretty sad.