Mike Hamilton's final gift to the university of Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Vols kick balls, Jan 10, 2012.

1. 4 million dollar buyout after the 2012 season. 5 million if fired before then. Thanks Mike!

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Kiffin's buyout was what, a bag of peanuts?

3. Pretty much. If Dooley would have succeeded and chose to leave for another school after the 2012 season, the buyout would only be 1 million.

4. joevol320

joevol320 New Member

hammy needs to ge a job working for the Fed gov. he'll have billions to waste instead of millions. really pathetic.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Slow your [uck fay]ing roll

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It was my understanding that it was 5 million after 2012 and 4 after 2013. Am I crossed up?

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm trying to figure out what leverage Dooley had to get such a high buyout?? The guy was a WAC loser when he took the job and I remember Kevin Sumlin in the running for the job too so it wasn't as if he was the only coach in America that would take the job. Talk about picking the zonk when Mike Hamilton picked the curtain Derek was behind.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think it hinges on the 1/15/09 hire date. So if we fire him in, say, September, it's 5M, if we fire him January 16 2013 it's 4M.

9. LeeVol20

LeeVol20 New Member

I believe it is a calendar year. So at the start of 2013 it goes down to 4 mil.

That being said, if he continues to suck ass and i fired mid-season, I would be ok with spending the extra million and give us time to look for a good coach.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Nice, so it affects recruiting next year in a bad way. Might as well give him the extra million just to get the hell out.

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Seems like a major overreaction to Kiffin bolting. I can see Hamilton thinking when laying out Dooley's buyout, "Holy shit, look at the buyout I just put in Kiffin's deal. I need to make it harder for LSU or Alabama to snatch Dooley from me if Miles or Saban decide to leave..."

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He seemed to put the high buyout on the wrong side. If Dooley left, he would owe UT a million but if UT wanted to fire him they owe him 5 million if I understand correctly. That should have been reversed.

13. LeeVol20

LeeVol20 New Member

I heard it was this when he was hired. Hamilton thought he was getting Saban 2.0 and that everyone would want him.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

[video=youtube;pAyKJAtDNCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAyKJAtDNCw&ob=av3e[/video]

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's exactly what it was.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

And because hirings/firings don't really happen in late January, it basically means that it's 5 mil after next year

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

If he is to be fired next season, let it be well before the end.

18. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If it's a two way street and he thought he had the next Saban than why allow him to walk for a million but handcuff himself to Dooley with a 5 million dollar buyout? I would be fine if both sides were the same so either make it 5 million on both sides or 1 million on both sides.