Steele Looks Like The Guy...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 10, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Apparently, he's no longer with Clemson. Lot of smoke there, and the prevailing opinions that I'm reading are almost unanimous that it's Steele.

2. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Damn, that sucks.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just fire Dooley and get it over with

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I just hope Geno Smith doesn't show up to the press conference and throw another touchdown.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Well, he can still recruit, and he'll keep recruiting. So at least we should have decent talent for the next guy.

That's about all we can say for this hire

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

When does Stokes debut?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dooley didn't like getting outshined by Wilcox's 50 pt beatdowns. Gotta up that margin to 70

9. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Can we offer the d coordinator a higher salary than Dooley? What a joke.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It felt good thinking Dooley could land a big name guy. But, to a man, most of us realized it was going to be a horseshit hire.

It's par for the course with this clown. And to steal a line from a former coach from UT, albeit an overweight one... "stay the course, Dooley." You inept piece of shit.

Thanks for letting me vent. GBO VFL IMO JMO TTFN

11. WM

WM Active Member

All this talk and Derrick Doolander hits us with Blue Steele?
    Wake me up before you go go Dools..

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Now he can blame Steele for all the 30+ point blowouts.

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

all this tells me is that evidently Dooley decided not to hire Steele. That's how every other rumor has played out.

14. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i have to admit i'm just ready to get Dooley out of here, and it can't come soon enough

15. TheTorchbearer

TheTorchbearer New Member

I truly believe this was closer to happening that any fan understands and that his leash is shorter than a pit-bulls right now. Hart wants someone capable of taking over as a interim coach in this hire. Coach Dooley may not make it out of September if he loses to both NC State, Florida and Georgia. He must win one of those three games and preferably two.

There are still four names in play for the DC position. The reason there have been rumors around so many names is because all have been contacted. However, don't believe that Dooley is a mastermind of leaking the information he wants to. It is actually the opposite and he is trying to save as much face as he can and walk the fine line between making a good hire but not a threatening hire if things do go south. People do not understand his arrogance and total blindness to what is going on around him and the direction of the program.

16. CD12

CD12 Member

It was close enough that the buyout was being solicited.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I feel the rant machine starting to power up.

18. TheTorchbearer

TheTorchbearer New Member

Do not be surprised if another report surfaces saying we contacted John Chavis again either today or tomorrow with an increased offer.

At this time, I do not feel Steele is finalized.

19. CD12

CD12 Member

So Chavis would be the iterim coach that Hart desires? Talk about turning the other cheek!

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Well, there's this from the ESPN blog from three days ago, and after the Clemson bowl debacle:

Dennis in Lancaster, S.C., writes: Hi Heather, do you think its time for Clemson to have a "defensive overhaul"? Surely they cant expect the offense to come into every game and score 40+ points just to have a shot at winning a game. Is Kevin Steele's time up? It seems that Clemson is always lopsided in defense/offense perfomance, while one maybe great the other gets a beating.

HD: There's no question Clemson needs to make drastic defensive improvements if it wants to repeat as ACC champs, but I got no indication from Dabo Swinney after the Orange Bowl that Steele's time is up. I flat-out asked Dabo about Steele getting fired, and he pretty much just laughed it off as a ridiculous notion.

So, hope that he will stay at Clemson, endures. At least for now.