You Guys Won't Believe This...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 10, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Pete Rousell reporting Dooley interviewed Navy's DC.

2. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Literally don't have words; what a cluster...

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Mercy, must be given dooley is gone

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Fire his egostistical insecure control freak ass now. I am beyond disgusted. If he can't get/keep competent coaches, hangining on for one more year is more than counterproductive.

5. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I laugh every time a poster on here, TOS, TOOS or anywhere talks negatively about Dooley as an egotistical control freak. Show me a good D1 coach who isn't an egotistical control freak. It's their nature. I'm not calling Dooley a good D1 coach necessarily, but it's hilarious how many of y'all harp on this issue, that is an issue with anyone you're going to want to bring in. Phil Fulmer and LK were both control freaks. Bob Stoops? Control Freak. Nick Saban? The Ultimate control freak. Steve Spurrier? Control freak. Bobby Bowden? Control freak. They were all egotistical too.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm sure no one wants to hear this, but Buddy Green is a pretty good coach.

7. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Sure, the problem begins when you are like that with a career 28-34 record,a .500 conference record in the WAC and a 4-12 SEC record.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Go Army!

9. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Your right I would believe this......... Giving the state of our rebuilding situation............ you just don't go to a military academy to get a coach ,when your needing to re-build a recruiting circuit.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I suppose we'll be set if we face Ga Tech in a bowl game.

11. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Probably is but would be interesting to see how far down the list he was; wonder if he is as far down Dooley's list as Dolley was on Hamilton's list?

12. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

His resume is pretty gosh darn good. No one will listen though.

13. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

He might be a pretty good coach, But we need a viable coach with recruiting skills, not one that is running away from regular college recruiting............ Acadamies only come after you if your intreseted in them.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

May be. It'll be a disaster move for Dooley though from a PR/recruiting perspective. I almost find if not so sad that that's who we're down to considering.

15. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

so we harp all year about flaws in Wilcox's defensive schemes as we did with Chavis, but now we're going to harp on recruiting too. No one will ever be good enough for this board or any other. Expectations of message board posters are flat out ridiculous for the program we currently have.

16. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Wow, if Dooley is not asking for the bank to get better , then what is going on................ I would only want Kiffin back if USC asked him to leave........... But Kiffin did a lot of dirty work to get us back on peoples tounges and now Dooley's covering up everything with Fulmer mud!

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Irony, anyone?

18. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Will probably have to stay in Annapolis for personal reasons.

19. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Easy Bill , I dont really care if its Shannon or Obama.............. But we need some good coaches that are doing relavent things and that want to be in Knoxville!

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Interesting, runs a 3-4 scheme, or did this year anyway.