Official 2018 8th Maxim Fantasy Football League Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rbroyles, Aug 7, 2015.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

We are going to give it another try, so if you are interested in renewing your team for this next season, please do so as soon as possible. At this point in time renewals have not been made by Copperheads, Fondled Balls, Emain Sucks, Tenny's Pole Vaulter, and Marble Eye Marauder.

Once again it is a twelve team league with a live draft scheduled on Aug. 30 at 7:30pm EST.

I have set a deadline for renewal on Aug 15, so if you were not a team owner in 2014, you can PM me with your email address, and I will send an invitation to fill in for any owners not renewing. This will be done on a first received basis, unless you wish to offer a suitable bribe.

Looking forward to another fun season. BTW, if anyone would want to become a Co-commissioner, please let me know. Very little to do, perhaps nothing at all, just like to have a back-up in case of whatever may happen.

Good luck, I hope you all tie for second place.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If everything worked correctly I should be in as First and Plenty.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'm in again; what's the link to the league? They used to have something on the side that said renew now, but I can't see it.

4. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

The camel toes are fired up. After starting 0-5 the Toes finished 11-1 to finish third. We lost in the semis but out-scored all teams in the 3rd place game and the championship game. We are pissed and ready to kick ass.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I still can't fathom how kick ass my team was last year in the regular season and just how horrible it was in the playoffs.

6. Low Country Vol

I'm a commish in another league on yahoo. If you need a backup I'll be glad to help.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Hired!!

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

you are.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

You should have received an email inviting you to renew. What is your team's name?

10. InVolNerable

Fondled balls. Just checked the yahoo mail account associated with it and I've got nothing.

Edit: There was some email set as default that I haven't checked in probably 10 years and have no idea how to access anymore. In past years they've just had the option to re-up a league on the right hand side bar.

I've updated it. Can you send it again when you get the chance, please?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I sent the email Thursday.

12. InVolNerable

Yeah, it went to an email I can't access anymore. Nothing got sent to the yahoo account.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

How about send the address to me via PM.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Spam. Locking down PM's, bans coming.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Let me know if a spot opens up.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

How does draft order work, again?

17. InVolNerable

I think it's been randomly selected in the past. Although I'd be fine with previous years standings deciding order.

18. Low Country Vol

It you allow yahoo to to do the draft order, then its 30 minutes before the draft. You can manually select the draft order also. I am making a lottery machine with ping pongs for my money league. There are some nice contraptions on youtube.

19. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I was in the second league last year, available for either one this time around

20. Low Country Vol

That does not necessarily benefit the the worst team in the league as various draft positions have more favorable results than others. Ive read teams with the #6 draft pick finished in 1st place twice as often as those teams with the #1, #2 or #3 draft pick based on a sample size of 40 drafts from last year. Last years winner getting the 12th pick is actually in a good position to get two quality picks off the bat. I prefer random.