The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Dec 31, 2011.

Tags:
  1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

One of the best movies I have seen in a while. I have not read the books so I can't speak to that, but it is a fantastic thriller worth the 10 bucks. Anyone else seen it?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Book is very suspenseful and lives up to the hype. Unfortunately, the author is dead so we'll only get the three books and maybe they'll have someone finish the fourth which is partially written.

Haven't seen the movie yet. I imagine it is long.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I watched the Swedish version of the film after seeing the English version. There are some differences, but if you don't want to spend money going to the theater and wouldn't mind spending a dollar at Redbox to see what the fuss was all about I can recommend it.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Solid movie. I haven't read the books, but plan to in the near future.

After the rape scene at least 10 people walked out of the theater. Thought that was kind of funny.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I started reading the books after several people recommended the series. Holy cow it is good, and this genre is not usually my cup of tea.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. Definitely engrossing. Too bad there won't be more. Evidently he had plans for about ten books before he died.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He could have been a bajillionaire.

I also hear there is a nasty battle regarding his estate.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah evidently he had wanted all his stuff to go to his lady friend but due to some stupid Swedish technicality it is going to his family. He supposedly hates his family.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He is not a man who hates women, apparently. (Inside joke from book).

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I watched the movie a couple of weeks ago and thought it was great. The rape scenes are a little awkward when you watch it with a group of people, but after all that is over it's great. Might pick up the books over the summer. A lot of people have recommended the hunger games as well.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Finally got to watch this tonight. Not a bad overall representation of the novel. Lisbeth is eerily well played.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah I recently saw the English version and thought it was well done. Seems like they took a couple of things away from Blomkvist to make Lisbeth a bit cooler, though. I remember him being a bit more critical to the investigation in the book. Thought the "Immigrant Song" intro was pretty awesome.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Starting The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest on Monday. Looking forward to reading it.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm looking forward to the release of the movie: The Woman With the Bow-Legged Limp in the Morning. Expecting good things.

15. NukemVol

NukemVol Member

I'm surprised some people didn't already know there was an intense rape scene.