Open Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 14, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Anybody venturing over there tomorrow night? I'm contemplating taking the boy.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If John Wade Tucker doesn't literally kick somebody in the butt, it ain't football practice, and I aint there

3. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Going with the wife. Should be a good time.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Made it last year.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Basilio was killing Butch for some chant thing he tried to get the crowd to do. Just stop, Butch.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

I heard that. Maybe you had to be there to fully appreciate the badness of it but it sounded like an overly dramatic reaction to me

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Didn't make it. One of his best friends from our baseball team invited us over for BBQ and to let the kids play, so we did that instead.

9. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

I thought it was a good time. They started things of with the Circle of Life drill, and the very first one was Mosley vs McKenzie. I'm sure I felt a small earthquake, when those two hit each other. All the others were OK, but everyone seemed to get a good laugh when Butch had both the Abernathy's get in there, and Butch said for Ralph to get some retribution with his brother. During the one on one's, I thought that Johnson's move on Foreman was just nasty, and Malone had a good reps as well. The punters showed some good distance. One of the punters hit it about 70 yards during their portion of it. The kickers all hit 3/3 on 55 yard FGs, but all whiffed from 60 yards. The hitting the goal post thing was comical. Pig Howard did it before any of the other QB's did it, and he got a big celebration with it. When they moved back, Dobbs hit it from 40 on the first try. Our RBs look special, like late 90s special. Hurd is a massive RB, and will run over some people this year, and Kamara is just a different kind of back and will outrun a lot of defenses this year. The O-line is the most questionable group on the team, especially with these injuries. Chance Hall has a "chance" to be a special player with some development. I think he could be a true tackle, with some work and a year in the weight room.

I think that's about it, but it was fun to just be in Neyland and watch some football. Also, the chant that Butch tried to get us to do was dumb. It's very similar to the Roll Tide chant Bama does when they get a first down. One of those things he should just let die, IMO.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hall has only played a few years of organized football. He's an interesting prospect.

If Debord is the main ol coach, I feel better about his development.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Seems even the yokels at VN aren't buying this schlep job from Butch and his chant, which should tell you how shitty his latest corny gimmick is. Damn, I'm so ****ing tired of this contrived bullshit from him. Your job is to win. Do that first before trying to become Head Cheerleader and Band Director. A moment of sanity from the other board:

Never ceases to amaze me that we get 100K to come to Neyland but apparently an unknown percentage come to actually watch football. Many come for something other than that. Why not add a mascot in go cart, Sumo wrestlers, etc. and go Minor league baseball antics. Oh well, everyone to their viewing pleasure.GBO.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

Well from what I hear he is working plenty hard, which is another reason i don't care about this crap

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Definitely time to let the football do the talking and not some contrived chant.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Agreed. If he wants to create an entertaining game experience, he can start with scoring more points than the other team.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm going to bump this thread when we lose on a last-second witty cheer from Alabama this year.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Fists up!

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Exactly, if he wants a good atmosphere, be up two scores on Oklahoma late in the 4th quarter. Awesome atmosphere guaranteed, no chant needed.

18. NorrisAlan

Yep. This isn't Cincinnati, you have 120 years of winning history here to fall back on.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The key jingles would be deafening.

20. NorrisAlan

What? Please don't tell me this dumb thing involved jingling keys. Please.

Please.