'16 GA DT Derrick Brown

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by zero-sum, Feb 23, 2015.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

5* Derrick Brown ranks high on Tennessee's board. Size, strength, agile for a big man (reminds me a little of Big John), with a mean streak. Stripling is his primary.

Released his top eight

GA
    Auburn
    Alabama
    Tennessee
    So Car
    Ole Miss
    MSU
    LSU

HUDL

Derrick w/ a pick-six against Gainesville [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Looks like it'll be tough for anyone to get this kid away from UGA.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Best way to steal recruits like this is to give em a beat down and win the east.

4. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yep, grew up lovin' GA 'ball plus distance (family wants to see him play) Buford is only an hr or so from Athens, rounding out his top four Auburn approx 2.5hrs, Alabama and Knoxville approx 4hrs

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Definitely persuasive. Oct 10

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Visitng today (his first to Rocky Top), Vols were first (Jan '14) to offer

[​IMG]

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Brown impressed. Apparently, had "one hell of a visit"

Still, it will be near impossible to overcome #1 Georgia #2 Auburn, imo

8. BigOrangeBeech

$$$

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

dare I say it?

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dare.

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Currently rated the #1 in Georgia, #2 DT nationally and #4 overall prospect in '16's class

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

13. BigOrangeBeech

14. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Brown on one of his five OV choices

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he's going to see how much money he can get. Understandable.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Tennessee can't outbid MSU, there's something wrong

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

These won't be bids. These will be deposits.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha

The one thing that can't be forgotten in this, with his family all over Starkville, they will be getting new jobs. It's hard for the out of town schools to compete with that.

19. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

We made up ground here and he will take his final OV to UT. I like where this one is headed.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Derrick Brown -- Georgia's No. 1 prospect for 2016 according to 247Sports, said to be considering both Georgia and Tennessee as finalists -- spoke to Scout following his unofficial visit to Neyland Stadium and appeared to come away very impressed.

"This visit definitely helped Tennessee," said Brown. "It beat my expectations by a lot.

"It was definitely a great environment Saturday. It is the loudest place I have ever been. After talking to the coaches a little bit after the game, I put my headphones on to listen to music and my ears were still ringing from the noise in the stadium. I could barely hear the music."

Brown even compared his experience to being at Auburn during Chris Davis' famous Kick Six play against Alabama in 2013.

"I was at Auburn a couple of years ago when Chris Davis ran that ball back against Alabama, and it was louder than that."

Could Tennessee have pushed passed the in-state Bulldogs for Brown with the win? Likely not, while the game environment was impressive, the time spent with the Tennessee coaching staff may prove to be the biggest pull for Brown.

"They just keep telling me they want me to be a part of it there at Tennessee," said Brown. "They have told me it is about family there, not about individuals, and I see that."

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/...-during-uga-game-than-auburn-fans-during.html